PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Enjoyed a weekend with family camping and fishing. Had some KBV King’s Ransom, Mycroft, and Jupiter Slices, some McLelland Master Penman, SG 1792 Flake, and HU Fayyum Kake in a variety of pipes including a Boswell’s Fishing Pipe, Tsuge Stack, Brebbia Sun, Dagner/MM Poker Cob, and Nording Compass.

View attachment 33412
View attachment 33413
View attachment 33414
View attachment 33415
View attachment 33416
View attachment 33417
View attachment 33418
View attachment 33419
Absolutely love it!?☕

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I'm trying a number of blends these days:
  • GLP Jackknife plug: sadly find this one very dry for the throat and mouth, and overall lacking in flavour
  • HU Director's cut: ok will be tarred and feathered for this, but it doesn't do much for me, I was expecting a VaPer, which it is not. There's an obvious sweetening topping on it, and overall very mild taste for me.
  • HU Makhuwa: this is really something I can get my teeth in, love it! First puff made me think of Bob's Chocolate Flake, but better!
I like all those listed very much. You won’t be tarred and feathered...your taste is your taste.☕

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
First bowl of the day: 4noggins Catamount aromatic
Second bowl 4noggins Lord Methley's
Only until about a month ago did I get interested in aromatics and realized I had been missing a whole genre of pipe tobacco. I have immensely enjoyed my journey into this branch of tobacco. So much so that for the past month I've smoking more bowls a day and all have been aromatics.
I really enjoy the Sutliff aromatics I purchased as well.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Early 1980s "Dr. Plumb Standard Meerschaum" on the shank + McLintock CREME DE CASSIS:-

View attachment 33480

Same briar/meerschaum combo seen here on pipes from the 1880s - 1910s -
5 from B.C
2 from GBD
View attachment 33481
Are those new meerschaum inserts of did you buy a Tardis time machine and just pop back in time and pick those up new so to speak. I have purchase new 'cutty' pipes on odd occasions but I would be hard pressed to assemble that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.