PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of the very dry year 2010 Villager Virginia No.444 in a 1978 smooth pointy bottom three quarter bend Sir Brent, shaped like a check mark with a black vulcanite stem. This pipe and the last two I smoked had the draft areas widened by Basil Meadows. He did a great job. No gurgle, no wetness in the shank now.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
S̛̊͆͐M̿̃́̈̃͌́̑̑̔̌̉͆̆̀̚Ơ̐́̀̾̐̒̀̀̒͂̕͠͝K̅̿̃́͊̄͘͝͠Ì́̍͑͝Ǹ͐̌͗͐̊͑̎̆̀̚͝͠G͌̓͑̔̈̅̅́̌̐͐̕ C&D Yorktown
Incendiary Device: Missouri Meerschaum bent Twain, blk/wht swirl "Regal" Forever Stem
Quenching Device: New Belgium Juicy Haze IPA

maulragoth

Jan 30, 2018
2016 FVF in an S.Bang bent brandy.

View attachment 34169
Scrolling backwards, I saw the image first and thought... nice wood there. Then I look at maker and understand the quality :)

So first impressions are: yes it works as a reading pipe that is just sort of sitting around your waist area with the mouthpiece in easy reach. The feeling in the hand needs some getting used to since the long stem feels quite heavy. I think I will use it quite a bit but certainly not ideal for the 'clenching while doing yard work' types ;)
Yeah, seal was broken but tobacco still moist. Definitely didn’t happen in shipping bc box was in tip top shape. They sent a new tin and let me keep the damaged one. Can’t complain at all!
Very cool of them to send you a new one. Sorry if you said already, but what tobacconist?

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Very cool of them to send you a new one. Sorry if you said already, but what tobacconist?

It was tobaccopipes.com. It was my first order and 2 out of 2 issues were resolved in a flash. The 1st was me placing the order without using the coupon code. I called and they credited it right away. The second was the tin which I emailed about first thing on the morning and they had already taken care of it before business hours. Very great service

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Wellauer's English Blend. In a La Rocca Rotonda RhodesiEgg.
View attachment 34205
Rated 2.5 on TR. That's right, folks. This is just some old mediocre pipeweed. Looks like rough chopped blunt guts, smells like funky old spilled wine. No one should buy this stuff. NO ONE! In fact, if you've screwed up and bought any of this junk, don't even foul up your pipe by sampling it. Just send it to me, I'll reimburse you and dispose of it all properly in my personal high-powered hand-held rank-stank tobacco incinerator.
No need to thank me. I'm just doing what I can to help in these times of uncertainty.
puffy
No worries buddy... you can have all that Latakillya stuff!!??

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
"Dark Bird's Eye" in Brebbia
LECXRTX.jpg

maulragoth

Jan 30, 2018
It was tobaccopipes.com. It was my first order and 2 out of 2 issues were resolved in a flash. The 1st was me placing the order without using the coupon code. I called and they credited it right away. The second was the tin which I emailed about first thing on the morning and they had already taken care of it before business hours. Very great service
TY. I've been ordering from them as much as possible in the last few months as well. Nice to hear of the service and they seem very good on service to me as well. I've been treated well by all really, but I've never had a need to contact them at all, everything is correct and well shipped and communicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.