PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Ya, nice pipe, and bunch up some sticks with glue or screws in the yard for the aesthetic =) I like churchwarden's and that pipe looks great, I really like how Vauen keeps a wooden stemmed churchwarden practical with being able to break it down for cleaning. I do like a wooden stemmed bit more, but practicality does necessitate a longer lasting useful pipe with the lucite tips. Please report back how you like the pipe as a smoker. Bought 2 MacQueen's way back for a friend and I in the past (not workable really, they suck in the cleaning respect IMO), and I have been contemplating a Vauen wooden churchwarden for ... ??... 20 years? Being that they actually know pipes, I've always been interested.
So first impressions are: yes it works as a reading pipe that is just sort of sitting around your waist area with the mouthpiece in easy reach. The feeling in the hand needs some getting used to since the long stem feels quite heavy. I think I will use it quite a bit but certainly not ideal for the 'clenching while doing yard work' types ;)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am now smoking Smoker’s Pride Mellow Taste in an undated slight bent rusticated brown with a darker fumed top unbranded Micoli billiard with a white accented perpex ferrule, off center square shank and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style.

Status
Not open for further replies.