PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Man that thing got dark pretty fast!
You have been camping for a long time. What kind of camp do you have?
The camp of, I got divorced and had to sell my house lol. So I didn't have anywhere to go, with my two dogs. I was supposed to have paperwork from my lawyer 3 weeks ago, but it just came in. I just bought a manufactured home 2 days ago (they don't call em trailers anymore) but it's not ready till October 1st.

In Wisconsin you are allowed 2 weeks at a camp ground at a time. So this is week 3, today I leave for Notre dame for a week. ( NATIONALS) [Daughter is a competitive baton twirler] And when I get back I'll have to go back to the first camp ground I was at, for 2 weeks

If it gets too cold in September, I'll get an air bnb or something.

But I'll be camping all summer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Couldn't sleep, so I've been doing a few things, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Harry the Hairy. The others weren't around. Fed my cats, too.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Was obviously a high quality blend with lots of interesting nuances to keep one intrigued. I can certainly see why you love it! Will get to know this a bit better in the coming days/weeks and decide whether or not to stock up.

On to the last pipe of the night and the last of the to-try's from today's arrival.

HU Cervantes in a Rad Davis squashed tomato. I've enjoyed HU Makhuwa, G&H Bob's Choc Flk and SG Choc Flk in this pipe, which is why i thought it was an obvious choice for this blend.

View attachment 323715

If you do end up wanting to stock up, Esterval’s still has it in 250g bags. They used to sell 4 kilo slabs for something like $200, greatest deal of all time.

IMG_1337.png

dingdong

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
Man that thing got dark pretty fast!

The camp of, I got divorced and had to sell my house lol. So I didn't have anywhere to go, with my two dogs. I was supposed to have paperwork from my lawyer 3 weeks ago, but it just came in. I just bought a manufactured home 2 days ago (they don't call em trailers anymore) but it's not ready till October 1st.

In Wisconsin you are allowed 2 weeks at a camp ground at a time. So this is week 3, today I leave for Notre dame for a week. ( NATIONALS) [Daughter is a competitive baton twirler] And when I get back I'll have to go back to the first camp ground I was at, for 2 weeks

If it gets too cold in September, I'll get an air bnb or something.

But I'll be camping all summer.
I wish well for you sir !!!

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Two pipes for me this morning! G.L. Pease Union Square in a Dr. Grabow Royalton followed immediately by Cornell & Diehl Yorktown in a Rattray's Blower's Daughter.

IMG20240513191443~2.jpg
IMG20240713094629~2.jpg

These two are such similar blends that I wanted to smoke them both back to back to do a comparison, and aside from Yorktown being in a convenient ribbon cut and pre-dried right out of the tin the only big difference to my palate is that Yorktown has noticably more bright Virginias. I don't know what the actual proportions are in the blends but my palate tastes Yorktown as about a 50/50 mix of bright and red Virginias, whereas Union Square is about 80% red and 20% bright to me.

They're both excellent blends and I can't complain about either, it just depends on what you're in the mood for flavor wise. Since my usual morning smoke is Sutliff 507C Virginia Slices, which is about as bright as the surface of the sun, I think Yorktown is a better morning smoke to wake up my taste buds with the extra bright leaf in there; but I can see myself really appreciating Union Square as the weather gets colder when the autumn comes in a couple months. They're both keepers in my book!puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.