PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Two half bowls of Lane 1-Q in the vauen olaf bent egg that were perfect even in the heat, yesterday and today. Both smoked dry and cool and the bowl barely got warm. I must have packed correctly without realizing. Then my tobacco order arrived and I tried Sutliffe 707 Sweet Virginia for the first time. The first third burned like a furnace. The second a little better and the final third was tolerable when slow sipped. I'm drying the rest out now per online recommendations. It has a distinct pine flavor like Pine Sol or Polo Cologne. No Hay, Honey, grass or citrus. Just chemical pine. Hopefully airing it out and drying will correct this but still tolerable. I've had worse.

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2024
South Bend, Indiana
blog.hallenius.org
Two half bowls of Lane 1-Q in the vauen olaf bent egg that were perfect even in the heat, yesterday and today. Both smoked dry and cool and the bowl barely got warm. I must have packed correctly without realizing. Then my tobacco order arrived and I tried Sutliffe 707 Sweet Virginia for the first time. The first third burned like a furnace. The second a little better and the final third was tolerable when slow sipped. I'm drying the rest out now per online recommendations. It has a distinct pine flavor like Pine Sol or Polo Cologne. No Hay, Honey, grass or citrus. Just chemical pine. Hopefully airing it out and drying will correct this but still tolerable. I've had worse.
I also had my first bowl of Sutliff 707 a few nights ago and it was quite a rough smoke, really hot and not really great. I set it aside in the jar to revisit after a few months, and I’ll definitely try drying it for a lot longer than I did this last time.

Joe H

Might Stick Around
May 22, 2024
Alaska
Today I blended some of my stoved and pressed cherry blend with Sugar Barrel (or the current match version anyway) in anticipation of a nice walk with the dog. I smoked it in my old (about 60 years old) Kaywoodie pot. Unfortunately, my leash is much shorter than my dog’s and I was summoned to return for some minor domestic emergency that only I could fix. At least I got a thoroughly enjoyable 30 minutes of soft, sweet burly with a hint of Virginia and Cherry.
Smoking 10 July.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.