PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes, and am watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Dunhill_1932_pot.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
After a dinner of Salmon and fresh chopped vegetables (shallots, peppers, squash, zuchini, asparagus) with stewed tomatoes, Sutliff 507-C in the newly reemed (Now full draw) and cleaned Vauen Olaf bent egg with 9mm charcoal filter, outside in the dark in a lawn chair. Just as i noticed it was starting to get buggy outside 1/2 dozen brown bats started circling the yard taking care of the problem. Gotta love nature !

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Three meerschaums, in preparation for boxing tonight. Shakur Stevenson and so many great matches... Bosun Plug in the meer swan neck, Newminster 400 in the meer cutty, and Blue Note (for the wife) in the meer billiard.

View attachment 322379
What's your wife's review of Blue Note? It's a blend I was curious about before then totally forgot about until now.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Had some Odds and Ends plus 5Bros in a Ropp J11 while tending to horses and having the midget help me move tractor out of shop, then he got to “lap drive” the old Ram2500 around the property and into the shop (no fence posts or gates were harmed).
Working up the wherewithal to go tear into the truck again-have to rule out ignition issues prior to fuel delivery, and hopefully not (gasp!) compression problems.
It’s too hot for this crap, shadetree mechanicking sucks in the desert summer…
I feel your automotive pain. Decision made today to get a new electronic distributor. In the old one's defense, it is 50 years old. (Though I am more and more coming to understand that 50 isn't so old at all, amirite?) Love you have a little helper!

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Old Dominion 25th in my Castello bent bulldog.

IMG-1327.png

Tongue-Fried

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2024
NC Foothills
Well, I started this earlier and had to pause for a few hours to get the kids bathed and all put to bed. Now that that is done (I hope), I’ve sat down with a celebratory huge cup of coffee, my favorite… dark Mayorga Cuban Roast, slightly sweetened with brown sugar.

The pipe I sat down to write about was another bowl of MacB Va. No 1 which I enjoyed sporadically in a heavily rusticated, bent Capri Algerian Briar with some chilled dates, but it had to be put down frequently to tend to the kids. It won’t be pictured as it’s not much to look at, but sips decently well and is a good stand-in while the rest are… resting.

I’ve smoked more than usual this week, which has of course got me browsing “new to me” estates to up the number in rotation. I’m browsing estate Kaywoodies from the 30’s-40’s, contemplating a Falcon with a chimney/stack and meer bowls, and also tossing around a few other more expensive options which I’ve discussed in other threads.

The bowl of Virginia No. 1 was accompanied by a cool lemonade, a nice refreshment after spending the day outside staining my neighbors deck. It was about 96 degrees and 100% humidity here in the North Carolina foothills, thanks to our much-needed downpours earlier in the week. It made for a really sweaty afternoon, but that also made a good smoke and drink that much more enjoyable.

In summation, I hope all of you had a relaxing week, and continue to carry that relaxation and wonderful smoking into the rest of your weekend! Sláinte!

Status
Not open for further replies.