Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A couple of French GBDs
French silver hallmarks - diamond and boar’s head. No date hallmark
View attachment 322154

1st is the straight billiard, tapered stem with an orific bit

With a bowl of Peterson’s Elizabethan Mixture
View attachment 322155
@OzPiper the Clay King enjoyed his clay pipe of Elizabethan Mixture in memory of Queen Elizabeth II at Nottingham Pipe Show 2022.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good weekend and pipes to all! Found some old Lane blends from a decade past so decided to embark on a bit of a reacquaintance tour today, starting with BCA followed by HGL, then Crown Achievement and finally Medal of Valor. Quickly dumped each of the first three mid-bowl. But Medal of Valor was a rather nice smoke.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Thanks man. It’s the 207 shape from the Savinelli tre rusticated line. They’re my favorite briar pipes. Rossi sells the same shape (8207) in their Notte line. They might sell it in their Sera line as well but I don’t smoke filtered pipes and the draw is just too open for me without the filter. I got this one during that July 4th sale for 15% off. $85 was just too good of a deal to pass up for a brand new Savinelli.

Here’s my small Savinelli tre rusticated collection:
View attachment 322282
From left to right shape numbers: 626, 104, 207

EDIT: I seem to remember that you prefer vulcanite stems and these are all acrylic stems in this line.
good catch, a quick spin on SPcom’s pipe locator is only showing Picollo and Rubino Antico’s as vulcanite, neither line having a shape for me currently.
“Unnecessary” PAD expenditure narrowly averted!!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Listing this a little early: year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2019 FVF in a Stanwell Hand Cut

52891069343_3625d6a31a_o.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Three days in the noodle press made a 50/50 of Match Victorian and Winchester into a nice crumble cake that’s held its shape well for over two months.
Makes a nice “pinch off a chunk, stuff it in the bowl and fire it up” no muss/no fuss blend.
I’ll be making more down the road.
View attachment 322334
Both of those blends are fantastic on their own. Winchester is one of probably 4-5 blends that could satisfy me if it was all I had to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.