PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCF

Lifer
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
Vauen No. 7 Crunchy Blend in my Altinay. I think this is as close as I can get to what I know my grandfather (who inspired me to start pipe smoking) smoked most of the time. I'm pretty sure the tobaccos and flavorings used are the same but the tobacco he smoked was a house blend of a tobacconist in Dallas somewhere that I don't think exist anymore.

View attachment 322257
And another fine view!

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Now that looks like a functional tool of a pipe! Which number is it, I’ll have to see if there’s a Rossi beater analogue?
Thanks man. It’s the 207 shape from the Savinelli tre rusticated line. They’re my favorite briar pipes. Rossi sells the same shape (8207) in their Notte line. They might sell it in their Sera line as well but I don’t smoke filtered pipes and the draw is just too open for me without the filter. I got this one during that July 4th sale for 15% off. $85 was just too good of a deal to pass up for a brand new Savinelli.

Here’s my small Savinelli tre rusticated collection:
IMG_4560.jpeg
From left to right shape numbers: 626, 104, 207

EDIT: I seem to remember that you prefer vulcanite stems and these are all acrylic stems in this line.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This very limited edition blend is Rouxagaroux made with vintage McClelland tobaccos. Ernie Q did a marvelous blending job. Wish we had the resource to have made more. Been watching the Yankees-Red Sox game, and have been phone chatting with a friend who is a life long Yankees fan during the game. He only has 2,200 pipes in his collection.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.