PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPK

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
Almost forgot-I had Irish Flake/FVF mix again this evening taking care of the horses while the wife bathed the midget, this time in my Stanwell for Poul Olsen “My Own Blend” blasted 079.
Speaking of midgets, my granddaughter entered the world this afternoon-7lb 4oz, healthy, and beautiful.
Her brother was being a stubborn little cuss this afternoon, but saw the ramifications of “faff around and find out” and got his attitude squared away.

View attachment 322162
Congratulations to all !

Tongue-Fried

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2024
NC Foothills
Almost forgot-I had Irish Flake/FVF mix again this evening taking care of the horses while the wife bathed the midget, this time in my Stanwell for Poul Olsen “My Own Blend” blasted 079.
Speaking of midgets, my granddaughter entered the world this afternoon-7lb 4oz, healthy, and beautiful.
Her brother was being a stubborn little cuss this afternoon, but saw the ramifications of “faff around and find out” and got his attitude squared away.

View attachment 322162
Congratulations!!

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Trying out Peterson Flake in the Morgan Bones Milan this morning.puffy

IMG20240310153737~2.jpg

When I'm smoking a pure Virginia I always like to try to identify what the primary flavor note is. In Sutliff 507C Virginia Slices it's lemony citrus, in Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia it's fresh baked bread, in G.L. Pease Union Square it's moldering leaf litter, and in Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake it's green and black teas. They all have the typical grass/hay and a bit of the others' flavor notes as well, but usually there's one primary note that stands out at the forefront.

Peterson Flake is interesting in that I can't seem to find a primary flavor note with this one. It's a bit grassy, a bit citrusy, a little bready, and has those tea and leaf litter notes too, but they're all fairly equal in flavor strength. It's got all the flavors you might expect to find in pure Virginia blends, but in perfect balance and harmonizing very nicely! The citrus does seem to take the lead a little towards the end of the bowl, but for most of the smoking experience everything wafts along in harmony.

It's really tasty, very smooth and gentle on the sinuses when retrohaled, and leaves a pleasant room note like bread baking in the oven. The nicotine content is there, but fairly light. On the low end of medium I'd say. All in all Peterson Flake is a very well balanced and gentlemanly smoke, and I like it quite a bit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.