PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Enjoyed an afternoon bowl of C&D Opening Night in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bulldog. 90 is about as hot as it ever gets here, and as someone who was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, I can do 90 standing on my head. Still, I'll be glad when it's back in the 70s again, although the high humidity these days makes it feel like I'm trekking through the Amazon (and I don't mean the Bezos Borg cube!). 8.7/10

Bird report: Mountain chickadee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, White-breasted nuthatch, California towhee, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, Mourning dove, Western bluebird, California quail, California kingbird, and some kind of new bird, possibly a vireo.

Wishing everyone a good week.

irish harp.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Had another smoke in the Short Army 102, this time Black Irish X, while putting up and feeding horses then hanging with the midget and wife at my neighbors’ sheep pen. We’ve been binge watching Shaun the Sheep (because I can’t stand being in the same room with the crap they’re passing off on kids nowadays), so he’s digging hanging with some real ones.
Probably returning him tomorrow, my daughter and granddaughter are doing great, a as nd she and her husband are missing Luke quite a bit.IMG_8258.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend military mount Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem. Fed all the cats except for the still missing Abner the Eager.
Karl_Erik_horn.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I rebuilt the button on this pipe last night. It was thin but super tall. It was almost like it escaped the factory without being finished. I will have to work on getting a better photo with the new button. Its an Ascorti. This morning its Makhuwa plus a healthy pinch of Tuarkeh.

EDIT: I stand corrected. There are a lot of Ascorti pipe photos showing different height buttons. This is higher than most. Regardless, I didnt like it and lowered it. I dont need a door stop to clench a pipe!

1720336078455.jpeg

Last edited:

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
There were only four of us at the start of our Saturday ZOOM meeting, all of us retired teachers and all of us over 70. It was fun to trade old "war stories" about our days at the chalkboard. After some of the younger folk joined in, the conversation was again mainly pipes and tobaccos.
I smoked my Tom Eltang designed Stanwell 191 small Rhodesian filled with the last of a packet of 8-year-old Newminster 400. Wonderful. I now have to restock.
My beverage was a mug of Barrie House Coffee Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, black, also wonderful.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Just fed cats again, finished reading the box scores, and am reading while this bowl lasts.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.