PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Match for Elizabethan, Victoria, in my Omega. A nice switch from the Match 975 I had earlier in my MM Pride 2nd.
Contrasts help me to realize I'm actually tasting something else besides nicotine.
Funny how you get one or two pipes that really get used and vice versa. I usually have about 10 or 12 pipes on smaller racks by the door or in a box by the desk that I change out from time to time with another 10 or 12.
I smoke more during the first part of the day and usually get in about 3 miles of walking before noon. I don't typically walk very fast and always have my pipe.

The only negative was I noticed a slight bitter aftertaste, but I think that as this has a chance to "breathe" a bit that will dissipate.

Another thing that can have an effect on this is which pipe you smoke it in. Sometimes one pipe accentuates a note you love and another may reveal one you don't. I have some blends that are finicky this way and i prefer them in specific pipes for this very reason. If you have multiple pipes, try it in several and smoke it in the one(s) that taste best to you.

As for me, the 2nd (after breakfast) pipe today shall be...

Ascorti 111.JPG

LJP Blend 111 in an Ascorti Business KS. Hope y'all have a decent Monday! :)

RPK

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Its been a hot day so the house has been closed tight. Im getting ready to open my office and fire up some HU Delight in a Ser Jacopo. This is an estate I refinished. Took it down to wood, did a contrast stain and wax. That is some hard work. I appreciate pipe makers!

Its not this red but I cant get the color balance quite right.

serjac.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Not sure about walking reps today because of the intermittent rain. Ferals are fed.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.