18 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

khiddy

Might Stick Around
Just finished a bowl of C&D Epiphany in a large-bowled army-mount bent briar. A pleasant smoke, which I am happy to report as this morning I ordered 4oz more of the blend.

Before that, I enjoyed a bowl of 2019 vintage Sutliff Victorian Mixture (Dunhill Elizabethan Blend match) in my Bishop & Knight clay. It smoked well, not terribly bitey, with a little moisture left in the bowl.

Both of these were smoked while listening to the BBC radio production of the Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes. Is there anything better to accompany a bowl of tobacco or two? The answer is elementary.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Jason the blacksmith thinks I've smoked an entire tobacco harvest:)
Looking forward to meeting him at the Cromford Mill Viking event next month - I've told him I'll have my pipe ready for him! I'm taking my churchwarden as a long stem clay is better for having lit from the blacksmith's forge!
Need some good dragonweed for him to light up! I'm thinking some Erinmore Flake if I haven't got the GH baccy from @simong by then; earned GBP7 online towards it.
Jason the blacksmith doesn't think I'm a pisshead; he only thinks I'm a baccy head:)
This wins the internet for today.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Simply Red Cake in my BST billiard.

IMG-1345.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. Just finished smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 D&R Windsail in a quarter bend smooth brown circa 2005 Savinelli 320 KS Extra author with a tapered black acrylic stem. First time smoking this pipe. Testing it to see if I got it as clean as I want. Blends like Windsail and Penhooker are good for that.
Savinelli_Extra_320.jpg