Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
@telescopes Yes I like them both; sorry I mentioned Harley Davidsons but I don't see many Indians here in England even in bikers places like Matlock Bath. We have a Harley Davidson dealer here in Chesterfield; they tried to trademark the sound of their motorbikes:
Not like an advertising jingle such as McDonald's or Mister Softee:)
Potato -potato - potato. Yes, the 45 degree off set of the V-Twin does make a unique sound. The 49 degree off set of the 111 Indian does something similar when using stage two cams. The sound on both is only really heard at idle. No worries... Indian and Harley eye each other somewhat suspiciously when it comes to our bikes. I love HDs, but this Indian is a true throwback to the 1950 look. Harley is now making a retro electric glide that does much the same for Harleys. Both are good bikes. And yes, I think the HD sound should have been trademarked. it is unique to HDs.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Potato -potato - potato. Yes, the 45 degree off set of the V-Twin does make a unique sound. The 49 degree off set of the 111 Indian does something similar when using stage two cams. The sound on both is only really heard at idle. No worries... Indian and Harley eye each other somewhat suspiciously when it comes to our bikes. I love HDs, but this Indian is a true throwback to the 1950 look. Harley is now making a retro electric glide that does much the same for Harleys. Both are good bikes. And yes, I think the HD sound should have been trademarked. it is unique to HDs.
@telescopes It's hard to trademark engine sounds:)

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
I've been riding the Indian, View attachment 325334
Across the desert valley and up into the Santa Rosa Mountains where the temperatures drop from 118 on the desert floor to 69 degrees on the pavement that touches the blue skies. A powerful air-cooled V-Twin drives this machine and is impervious to any heat Mother Nature may throw my way. Me, not so much, LOL.
Just a gorgeous machine!
Indian has really kept the graceful lines and style they’re so famous for
going. Spectacular and pure Class !

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Elizabethan in a sav.. wasn’t thinking or I would have pulled out a pete as I listen to the all Ireland hurling finals live from Dublin.. still enjoyed the raisin notes of the smoke so no complaints.. up the banner!
@Jon888 The Clay King enjoyed his clay pipe of Elizabethan Mixture at Nottingham Pipe Show 2022 in memory of the departed Queen Elizabeth II. I was wearing the Redcoat - a fitting tribute!