PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Sutliff Pipe Force post errands, Plum Pudding Special Reserve during Errands. It’s hard for me to believe how much my tastes have changed over just the past few months. I was certain I’d be a VaPer guy for life! 😂 I definitely have some sort of allergic response to Va forward blends. Kentucky, English, Balkan of the right variety treats me very well. I guess it’s possible in the coming years that I will be able to smoke all those VaPer blends I hoarded, if not, they should sell ok with age.
I tell ya, I think my initial aversion to Englishes might have been the Peterson Early Morning/Nightcap stuff. They don’t float my boat.
IMG_5821.jpeg

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
The 1st smoke in the Group Dunhill lasted over 45mins
with no relights.
Cube cut flakes do smoke more slowly than rubbing out

My next smoke is in a similarly sized group 1 1914 straight Bulldog, tapered stem with an orific bit. Measuring 4 1/4ins in length.
London hallmarks AD over JD for Auguste and Joseph Delacour

Finishing the melange of Stonehenge, St James and Former’s Straight Grain flakes (cube cut)
A very pleasant mix, as it turns out

View attachment 233689
I agree. Sometimes I fold and stuff. Most often I cube cut flakes. Coins, I always fold and stuff.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Sutliff Pipe Force post errands, Plum Pudding Special Reserve during Errands. It’s hard for me to believe how much my tastes have changed over just the past few months. I was certain I’d be a VaPer guy for life! 😂 I definitely have some sort of allergic response to Va forward blends. Kentucky, English, Balkan of the right variety treats me very well. I guess it’s possible in the coming years that I will be able to smoke all those VaPer blends I hoarded, if not, they should sell ok with age.
I tell ya, I think my initial aversion to Englishes might have been the Peterson Early Morning/Nightcap stuff. They don’t float my boat.
View attachment 233727
I have an adverse reaction to Virginia sometimes. I have found that greatly diminished by age. I suggest dedicating a tin you really like. Pull it at one year intervals and see if you can find your sweet spot. Everything Virginia I put away over 5 years ago is sublime to me now. I have no scientific explanation. I don’t really care why! Works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.