PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I don't wear the Redcoat while litter picking.
Received a box of clay pipe fragments from @Birddog66; I can imagine litter picking a place where people still smoked clay pipes:)
I used to pick them up by the handful on the Thames in London when I was a kid mud larking, found all sorts of strange stuff including a cannon ball. Now you have to dig pretty deep to find anything there and I think you need a permit.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Rattray’s Old Gowrie in a Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

@UncleRasta Gowrie is starting to grow on me, but the slighty sweet tin note and taste, is that a casing or the Kentucky?

What say you too @JimInks what is that tin note and similar taste in Old Gowrie, somewhat like Hal O’ The Wynd, casing, or the Kentucky? hmm 🤔

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 236488
I love the stuff. I tend not to get along with heavily topped or cased blends, and as far as I can tell, this is neither.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I used to pick them up by the handful on the Thames in London when I was a kid mud larking, found all sorts of strange stuff including a cannon ball. Now you have to dig pretty deep to find anything there and I think you need a permit.
@Birddog66 Sounds good to me! Rotherham Bridge Chapel (where I took part in a volunteer day with Don Catchment Rivers Trust) used to be a tobacconist that sold clay pipes; didn't find any discarded ones though:)
Anthony (DCRT volunteer leader) says he found a pewter tankard and clay pipe; he said they were mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.