PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Every so often one is reminded of the basics of packing such as testing the draw before applying flame to tobacco. I didn’t with the last bowl - a few bits of tobacco in the hole leading to a tight draw and most unsatisfactory smoke.
I suppose I should have dumped the ash and re-packed.
Oh well ☹️

Next bowl - the undeservedly oft maligned Mixture No 79

In a sandblasted Stanwell 1992 POTY Belge with a quarter bent tapered stem
56681E86-BB24-4F8C-A92E-D57CD3F0807E.jpeg

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
Some CRF 2022 in my Altinay the night before. Spent a long day hiking with the family, and was privileged with multiple Belted Kingfishers, and at a blue-berry farm, Cedar Waxwings--two of my most anticipated sightings.

Tonight, thinking Tilbury or Briar Fox, or perhaps ODF.
Decided on Chatham Manor in my 60's Dunhill Bulldog.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Coronado Oriental in a straight black sandblasted undated, unbranded Made in France short shank billiard with a long black vulcanite tapered stem. Still listening to The Lone Ranger. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
France_SBbilliard.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
The stifling heat subsided significantly today. I threw open the windows, grabbed my ipad, tuned in the ZOOM meeting, and spent the afternoon with my pipe buddies. I smoked my favorite, Samovar, in my Peterson Donegal Rocky B7.
The usual tall tumbler of Peach/Mango Green Tea with a fistful of bergs (sans Honey Jack, today) was my beverage.

1690694792263.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke. I was feeding Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave when Abner the Eager seemingly jumped out of nowhere, and landed on my feet. The li'l fella cried for some food, so I took care of him, too. He was very appreciative... so much so that he wouldn't stop standing on my feet while he ate. Silly cat.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Part way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff Revelation Match in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII Kingsway (Comoy’s) London Made 61 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to the Lone Ranger series where he's shot in the throat, and was unable to fight crime. This was done because the actor who player the Ranger, Earl Graser, died in a car accident after a broadcast. They kept the Ranger out of action until they replaced him with the show's narrator, Brace Beemer. This way, the producers felt with a couple of weeks of the character out of action, the audience might not notice a new actor had taken Graser's place.
View attachment 236538
I enjoy the historical aspects of your WAYS and other posts (whether tobacco, baseball, comics, or otherwise) when sprinkled in.

Thank you.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning guys. Smoking now, the first third, with mb virginia flake, in a Charles Cobbler MM. Finished the damn oral mouthwash, for the treatment and restoration of my teeth. My dentist also smokes, so the man understands my feelings as a smoker. He smokes stinky cigarettes, though. He says he's going to make my teeth look like a baboon's anus. I answered him, but Manuel, a baboon's anus has no teeth. He's a mental horndog, and I like that, we're the same age. I wish you a happy Sunday. And may God bless and protect you always.

Status
Not open for further replies.