PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I’ll be the first to admit I’ve got a palate so poor I might as well not have been gifted with a tongue, but I really enjoy this blend - it’s pretty quickly become a must-have for me. I find it very rich without being overwhelming, the nicotine hit is light (which I prefer), and it’s got this incredible woodsy, peaty element that reminds me of sitting around a campfire on crisp mornings. Bold, exotic, but never feels “too much” for me like some of the really Latakia heavy blends can get. I regret only buying one tin, I’ll absolutely be stocking up on this one next time I place an order.
I know Quiet Nights is one of Greg Pease's most popular Latakia blends, but I've never been a big fan; although I love most of his others, especially Samarra, Abingdon, Charing Cross, Odyssey, Caravan and my all-time favorite (unfortunately, no longer in production) Raven's Wing.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I’ll be the first to admit I’ve got a palate so poor I might as well not have been gifted with a tongue, but I really enjoy this blend - it’s pretty quickly become a must-have for me. I find it very rich without being overwhelming, the nicotine hit is light (which I prefer), and it’s got this incredible woodsy, peaty element that reminds me of sitting around a campfire on crisp mornings. Bold, exotic, but never feels “too much” for me like some of the really Latakia heavy blends can get. I regret only buying one tin, I’ll absolutely be stocking up on this one next time I place an order.
Nice, thanks!

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I haven't had any tobacco for a while...suddenly, at 77, I developed some allergies, mostly to pollen and Canadian ash in the atmosphere. However, the brutal heat cooled ever so slightly, with a nice breeze out under the gazebo, that I thought a short smoke was called for. My wife and I enjoyed a Bombay Sapphire and Fever Tree G&T, as I fired up a small Romeo 1875 by Romeo Y Julieta. Felt good.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Listening to This is Your FBI on the XM.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, and did a load of dishes, too. I'm nearing the last quarter of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I smoked the first third while working, something I haven't done before because I prefer to smoke mostly straight pipes then. They are much easier to deal with for several reasons, but this worked well for me, so I may try it again.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.