PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
It was inexpensive for a Former. I really love his smooth apple military mounts but they are usually way out of my normal price range. It’s the kind of thing I might do on layaway and just forgo all other new pipes for a year. 🤣 I’m quite happy with this one. It was in good estate condition, 5 inches long, under 30 grams in weight, and the bowl size is a group 3 accept that’s a little taller to make up on capacity. I really like the grain and how he tied it in with the horn, very balanced looking. It’s a consistently great smoker since bowl one.

I’ve not tried the original Plum Pudding version but JimInks tobacco review covers some of the differences. I bet it’s good. I ordered some of the bourbon barrel aged as well. At smoking pipes, it’s currently a tad cheaper then the original! Good time to try it!
I haven't seen many Formers on the estate market for less than the high three figures, let alone new ones which are now in the four figure range. I've had mine for close to 20 years, before the prices went sky high. A great smoking pipe though.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I'm waiting for my "real" cherry wood to arrive
Yes, I know - they are rustic and ugly
I had one from the 1970s but gave it away
I loved how aromatics smoked in it
Remains to be seen if that was just nostalgia or a false memory 😁
I've never smoked a pipe made of cherry wood. Please do post a picture when it arrives and let us know how it smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.