PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Paradoxical in my BST bent billiard.

0-B322-AAA-4649-4056-BA13-D7661946-A733.png

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Plum Pudding Special Reserve in a Former. This is such a well put together blend. If you’ve not tried it, grab a tin. It’s not a Latakia bomb at all, it’s there and in it’s proper place. It’s really quite different then other Englishes I’ve tried.
View attachment 234013
Thanks for the recommendation. It’s been on my list for a while but just haven’t pulled the trigger and tried it. How does it compare to the regular version?

Also, what an absolutely handsome pipe. I’ve not tried a Former either but that’s an ammo issue rather than a trigger issue 😂

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Sutliff’s Pipe Force: Episode IV Signature Series by Per Georg Jensen in an Oguz Simsek Darth Vader Figural.

IMG_20230717_220210.jpg

I received my seven tins today. I know coins are randomly inserted in about 1/10 tins. Do we know if stickers and patches are prizes being included with the tins? Or are they just promo items that were made to promote the tobacco?

I weighed all of the tins I received and they vary quite a bit:

1) 156 grams
2) 155 grams
3) 122 grams
4) 120 grams
5) 120 grams
6) 118 grams
7) 117 grams

Seems like I lucked out and got two coins (tins 1 and 2), which works out well since my buddy Chris is a Star Wars fan and is getting two tins out of the seven—we’ll each get a coin! Maybe he’ll smoke his blend in his Darth Vader pipe, too.

I’m wondering if tins 3, 4, and 5 contain a patch or sticker, and 6 and 7 no bonus.

Has anyone else weighed tins and/or opened them to see if there is a correlation with the prize and number of grams the total tin weighs?

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Thanks for the recommendation. It’s been on my list for a while but just haven’t pulled the trigger and tried it. How does it compare to the regular version?

Also, what an absolutely handsome pipe. I’ve not tried a Former either but that’s an ammo issue rather than a trigger issue 😂
It was inexpensive for a Former. I really love his smooth apple military mounts but they are usually way out of my normal price range. It’s the kind of thing I might do on layaway and just forgo all other new pipes for a year. 🤣 I’m quite happy with this one. It was in good estate condition, 5 inches long, under 30 grams in weight, and the bowl size is a group 3 accept that’s a little taller to make up on capacity. I really like the grain and how he tied it in with the horn, very balanced looking. It’s a consistently great smoker since bowl one.

I’ve not tried the original Plum Pudding version but JimInks tobacco review covers some of the differences. I bet it’s good. I ordered some of the bourbon barrel aged as well. At smoking pipes, it’s currently a tad cheaper then the original! Good time to try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.