PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with the last slice of chocolate meringue pie for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Actually, I’ve never dealt with a plug in 50 years of pipe smoking. I have some very sharp knives in my quiver. Any suggestions?
I shave off as thin as possible and then rub it out further, almost like a shag cut. Or you can slice a bit thicker, still thin though, and then turn your board around and cut through your flakes/chunks into a rough cube cut. I use whatever is handy, so mainly a Swiss Army knife.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Mac Baren Golden Extra in the Foyard Rhodesian. Still enjoying the below-normal temps, as long as they may last. Bird report: California quail (parents & youngsters!), California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, House finch, Western kingbird, Bullock's oriole, American robin, White-breasted nuthatch, and Red-tailed hawk. The cicadas are finally dying off, which will give a nice burst of nutrients to the soil for miles around.

My favorite meal, eggplant parmesan, is on the menu for tonight, with a Grifone Primitivo Zinfandel red (Trader Joe's). ?

foyard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.