PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Settling in for another day of grind at the 'Orifice' dealing with the issues and headaches of those incapable of solving their own issues. It is the fine dividing line between legal practice and psychiatry and possibly explains why most great trial lawyers that I have encountered are total alcoholics by the end of their career's! Today I will be burning up a huge amount Brown Plug by G&H in the ADP meerschaum 'cutty' with a silver band with a faux amber stem. I am unsure of the age of this pipe and it is one of a matching pair that will be familiar to all followers of my monthly 'cutty' rotation. Have a happy and satisfying morning and I will stop by before lunch to see how you are all progressing!

thumbnail-4.jpeg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Had a late afternoon smoke in the sun after we got home from ville Frache...a fully intact fortified village about 10 minutes from home. The fortifications were built in the 9th century. It resisted its last siege in 1400 when it held off the Moors. Now its home to people and tourist shops. Its very small...a couple of nice restruants as well.

Villefranche-de-Conflent_10.jpg

Just finished a bowl of 2/3 Makhuwa and 1/3 Nyala. Mak has a little choloate flavor while Nyala has a touch of carmel. How can you go wrong with Chocoloate, carmel and a cup of coffee! Smoked in a Ser Jacopo

1705072030402.jpeg

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Virginia Gold Cherry in a most unusual and extremely well made and extra large Duke of Wellington I bought for $100 from a German forum member under the express understanding Dunhill DID NOT sell this pipe at retail.

IMG_6676.jpegIMG_6677.jpegIMG_6678.jpeg

That shank and stem are oblong and hand shaped, to make room for a condensing chamber (water trap) in the shank and bottom of the stem.

Why I think this pipe didn’t even make a sellable counterfeit is to say the button was made by drunks under a bridge slanders drunks under a bridge. It’s horrible. I’ve filed on it to make it better, but this pipe was condemned for the button.

IMG_6679.jpeg

But except for that button this is a super deluxe high quality handmade pipe, throughout, using top shelf briar and vulcanite.

Last edited:

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Had a late afternoon smoke in the sun after we got home from ville Frache...a fully intact fortified village about 10 minutes from home. The fortifications were built in the 9th century. It resisted its last siege in 1400 when it held off the Moors. Now its home to people and tourist shops. Its very small...a couple of nice restruants as well.

View attachment 278998

Just finished a bowl of 2/3 Makhuwa and 1/3 Nyala. Mak has a little choloate flavor while Nyala has a touch of carmel. How can you go wrong with Chocoloate, carmel and a cup of coffee! Smoked in a Ser Jacopo

View attachment 278999
That’s beautiful. Id love to walk around that town and admire the architecture and history.

Status
Not open for further replies.