PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I admit to 'losing it' one time with a piece of custom cabinetry, heatedly asking the middle-man if it was fitted "by a monkey with a drywall saw?" That piece was sent back. That overall project had blatant issue with 40% of the cabinets (wrong size sent, wrong finish, wrong color, wrong doors, etc.) also sent back. And this was before all the marijuana legalization. Unreal.

I like to just look at my pipes, like I do my watches and guns, and wonder how it was made.

Except for the last inch of the stem my White Spot Wellington looks like it was made by elves and sprinkled with fairy dust. Perfect, flawless workmanship, the stem sounds like a tiny bank vault shutting when pushed into the shank, it is all just first class except for the button, and hand lettered NOT FOR SALE using die stamps instead of a factory stamp.

The stem itself is a gorgeous satin shiny hand cut coal black piece of art with a perfect white dot, made of the chewy high dollar grade of vulcanite.

Whoever had the talent to make the pipe didn’t carve the button.

My idea is it was broken. It’s about two inches short of what the stem should be, and it’s not a good clencher. They made a bad button on what was left of the stem and bent it.

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
five brothers with old dark fired in the Kaywoodie blunt force trauma

Z9zZW1Sh.jpg

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Well the storm of the century is hitting Michigan 🙄. I guess I’ll just make some pipes in the workshop and smoke some Mac Baren Navy Flake in my own handmade billiard with a mexicola. Later I’ll warm up with some bourbon.View attachment 279054
This is the current situation here in SE WI: 1705093499309.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe is a great smoker, and as I haven't much left of this blend, I don't know what I'll smoke in this pipe. Guess I should have stocked this blend as it ages well. Ice water and bergs is my drink. No more walks today due to heavy rain.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.