PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
It was lovelier before it got smoked so much, well in some ways. When new, the rim was much lighter, and the brown in the stummel was a little more grey. But I absolutely love this shape (apples in general and princes are my most preferred shape). I also think this finish looks a lot better on this shape than some of the others.

I still like the look of it though. Finish actually looks better in person, the grain doesn't show up well on camera. Though the grain shows through a lot more now than when it was new.

Pic is a screenshot of the actual listing when I bought it next to I tried to take the same angle. The change is more noticeable in-person, as is the grain. Also included a pic with flash that really makes the grain stand out, even though that's not even close to how it actually looks in person:
View attachment 278957View attachment 278959View attachment 278961
Beautiful pipe, I love the shape of it!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a bit of low calorie snacking, and am half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a big and tasty Snap Dragon apple, and am passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Have enough left for most of a bowl.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I’ve realised it’s a all Kaywoodie day for me which I suppose isn’t difficult as they are the brand that has a larger representation in my collection than any other, and that isn’t a bad thing by any stretch.

I just finished some Peterson Irish Flake in the billiard and for my last smoke of the evening I’m having Germain’s 1820 Cross Cut Flake in the Dublin in the foreground.

I just finished watching all the Peaky Blinders series, it was brilliant in every aspect and if anyone here hasn’t seen it you really must. View attachment 279115

I’m a huge fan of Peaky Blinders. I started to unbox my limited edition 1/6 scale action figures to take some pics to share, but abandoned that as it was a little too much trouble with all the protective plastic wrap, etc., in the packages, so I’m just sharing existing product shots by the sadly, now-defunct UK toy manufacturer, Big Chief Studios instead. But, I did snap some shots of the signed plates (by both actors, Cillian Murphy and Paul Anderson) from my numbered pair of Signature Editions before putting everything back.

cef3ccb3d0e19a74fcf176cd5d0f9039.jpg

20240113_051659.jpg

718LAlwYfLL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

20240113_051310.jpg

Still smoking the same pipe as earlier—I had a couple of extra bowls of Penzance while Susan and I watched a couple of documentaries on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.