Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Sutliff Anomalous in a Radice Rind Straight.

Off to go watch Jamestown on Prime, and see some more tobacco/clay pipe action. :)

@The Clay King I think you’d love this show! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 276883
@PipeIT I've got a replica Old Dominion Jamestown clay; I was smoking GH twist in it at last year's Battle of Nantwich. Just 3 weeks to this year's! Maybe get some screen captures from the Jamestown series & post them on the forum...
If I visited re-enactments in Virginia I'd probably smoke a lot of the baccy harvest - in a clay of course:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a big and tasty golden delicious apple, and am half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I put one of those softee bits or whatever on this pipe tonight because, while not normally a clencher, there are times where I'd rather just clench when I briefly need both hands for something (like typing this right now) instead of setting the pipe down. The soft bit is nicer feeling in the teeth, but it makes me drool too much, so I pulled it off. Acrylic doesn't really bother me to clench anyway, just more of a test.

Wasn't feeling anything in particular, so loaded this 2023 Solani ABF (Kohlhase & Kopp) I haven't had in a while to remind myself how it was after seeing it in the 2023 best of elimination thread. Still hate the added chocolate flavor. I know burley naturally tastes "nutty and chocolaty" to many, but it never has to me, it was always floral, like pulling the stamens out of a white honeysuckle and licking off the nectar. Anyway, I hate chocolate, cocoa is tolerable in small amounts, but not chocolate.

Might give this open tin to this younger guy I know that smokes a pipe, if he still does anyway. I have another unopened tin of this, not sure what to do with it. Trading or selling online seems a hassle, as well as shipping. May just give him both tins.

PXL_20240104_072219652.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the half way mark of this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Whether I have another smoke or not depends on whether or not there is any more feral drama before I go to bed.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock263.jpg

Daisy the Feral Princess has in and out of the house all day. She’s been snoozing’ in the studio, and she comes out when she wants our company, attention, food or to go outside. Not necessarily in that order. She tries hard not to cause problems with Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. Abner the Eager was in for a while earlier, and snoozed on my lap. Sam the Scamp’s been around every so often to eat, and I do that outside. I know he wants to be inside with us, but he’s so afraid of Tomato that I can’t do it. Tomato is mean to him. Enough so that when I fed Sam some minutes ago, Tomato wanted to go outside to chase him away. I didn’t let that happen.

My sinuses gave me a hard time after being out in the cold. After I did a bit of sneezing, Tomato was so concerned that he laid by my feet and put his paws around my left foot in an effort to comfort me. However, Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger were hungry for wet food, and neither one will eat if any other cat comes into the kitchen. I tried several times to get Tomato not to do that, but he was stubborn, and I had to take him outside. I did give him some wet and dry food. So, everybody’s eaten, Tomato’s back inside and sleeping on the couch. Hopefully, all will be peaceful for a while.
Tomato_HugsFoot.jpg
Tomato_HugsFoot2.jpg

Tomato gets some scratching.
Tomato_HugScratch.jpg

Sleepy Suzy (the top cat) and Molly Danger have a snooze after eating.
S&M_CurlSnooze.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking now a mix of mixtures, leftovers, scraps etc which I call "Frankenstein Mixture". It has 2 advantages, it's always a surprise and always a good one. So, I decided I will permanently fill a vase with portions of the opened tobaccos I have (usually about 4-5). In an EE2 pipe.
A nice 4th day of the year to all of you good people!

Frankenstein Mixture - EE2 pipe.jpg
Pipe Smoker.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Update: Sam the Scamp wanted to eat, and I let him inside. I had to keep Tomato the Brave away from the kitchen, which he did after a little scolding. Sam was too afraid to eat, so I stayed with him to help him feel safe. I know he had less than he wanted, but he was too uncomfortable. He stayed in the kitchen for twenty minutes, and I figured it was best to take him outside so he would settle down. As soon as I did that, he ran, and then Daisy wanted out. When I let her out, Abner the Eager was standing by the door, and I let him in eat. Once he saw Tomato, he curtailed his meal, and wanted out although I think he really wanted to stay inside where it’s warm. I took him out, put dry food out for him and Daisy - at a distance - and both ate in peace. Since it’s after five a.m., maybe I can have some peace and sleep.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@PaulTheScandinavian Certainly, Sir, I will try to share as I can: I bought a pound of this last year and jarred it all up save 1 oz in a small jar, which has been mostly ignored for a year. It is perhaps a bit dryer now (but not crunchy). I loaded it mostly gravity with a light press, not tight at all. Took the match readily and it burned just fine down to the proverbial fine white ash. Did not have to pull on it at all and no tongue burn. I did, as my habit, puff fairly steadily, but kept the breathing in light. About half way, used a pick to move around the bottom of the pack, tamped very lightly, and it continued on... try it again in a smallish bowl or perhaps half a bowl and see how it goes. When I first tried it, it was quite soft and gentle, and kinda boring...at this time I am better able to appreciate it than i was then. I actually found it soothing on my tongue after a bit steamier Sam's Flake (i didn't let it dry at all) the night before.
Thank You for these tips,Wishing You a great day, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.