PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
How many times have you had to explain that over the years? I can recall at least a few members asking. Maybe we should make it a sticky thread on the introduction page.😁
If you include all the forums I have been on, I would say 30-40 times. Double or triple that for explaining what bergs are to answer @UncleRasta . Doesn't bother me any, though.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Marvelous Saturday. Finishing it watching hockey and an evening smoke. Quiet Nights in a Ser Jacopo. First time with this blend was Xmas eve and I was tipsy with fam in a pipe I like but maybe not my best smoker. Enjoyed it but was underwhelmed. Tonight I can see why folks like this one. Not a big Latakia guy but when the mood strikes I can see this being one to reach for and spark. Very nice.800E62A3-1ED5-4B63-A2FC-5CE62B4AF683.jpeg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
The Saturday ZOOM was very satisfying, filled with talk of pipes, tobacco, cabbages and kings. I smoke some more of that 2017 Christmas Cheer, that I opened Christmas Eve, in my Peterson Sherlock Holmes, rusticated, fish tail Hudson. A snifter of Kirkland's 10 Year Tawny Port was my tipple.

1673159459386.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I finally tracked down a proper Prince Albert pipe to smoke Prince Albert tobacco in: a black, Gutta-percha Figural of King Edward VII of Britain (the Prince Albert depicted on the tobacco tin) with a briar insert, and orific bit, circa early 20th Century, probably the ’teens. It’s super light because it’s hollow.

IMG_20230108_022427.jpg

Shown to the left of the UK king is my Dinant Prince Albert Figurative Clay Commemorative/Souvenir pipe from Belgium with a horn (orific) and cherry(?) stem, circa 1914, depicting the Belgian prince Prince Albert I; to the right, another Prince Albert I Clay pipe (with a vulcanite stem and orific bit) showing the Belgian prince (on a Longchamp leather wrapped Brass stand). Perhaps, I’ll dedicate one of the Belgian pipes to Prince Albert Soft Vanilla.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
In the Greek Orthodox Christian church we celebrate the so called "Namedays" to honour Saints of the church. The namedays are here more important than e.g. birthdays. Yesterday (7th of January), was such a celebration day. The very popular name celebrated (for men the 2nd, for women not so much) was -for men- : "Ioannis" (formal) or more simply "Yannis", -for women- : "Ioanna" or "Yanna" in honour of St John.
So allow me to wish forum members that have this name: all the best! and please permit me to especially wish the good man from Spain, JOHN72: be well with you family, my friend.
I should have done this yesterday, but I was in a hiking trip and came back late and tired. We are in January, but only just a little snow on the top of the mountains! Not good, not normal...
I am smoking now some HU Bahia O. in the Falcon. Later on I will meet some friends & relatives and try to enjoy my last day of a 2 weeks period without work. From Monday, I will put on my ball and chain again...
May you have a good Sunday good people!

Little snow.JPG
Cows.JPG
Horses.JPG
Bahia O. - Falcon pipe.JPG

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
In the Greek Orthodox Christian church we celebrate the so called "Namedays" to honour Saints of the church. The namedays are here more important than e.g. birthdays. Yesterday (7th of January), was such a celebration day. The very popular name celebrated (for men the 2nd, for women not so much) was -for men- : "Ioannis" (formal) or more simply "Yannis", -for women- : "Ioanna" or "Yanna" in honour of St John.
So allow me to wish forum members that have this name: all the best! and please permit me to especially wish the good man from Spain, JOHN72: be well with you family, my friend.
I should have done this yesterday, but I was in a hiking trip and came back late and tired. We are in January, but only just a little snow on the top of the mountains! Not good, not normal...
I am smoking now some HU Bahia O. in the Falcon. Later on I will meet some friends & relatives and try to enjoy my last day of a 2 weeks period without work. From Monday, I will put on my ball and chain again...
May you have a good Sunday good people!

View attachment 193017
View attachment 193018
View attachment 193019
View attachment 193020
Lovely pictures! I wish you a calm and peaceful sunday before work, Christos.

Status
Not open for further replies.