PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a sliced orange and a few pecans on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
I don’t know what is inscribed.
When I was in Japan training with the Japanese army many years ago circa 2003, I picked this up while I was there. Been drinking tea out of it for quite a while.
So, now that you’ve sparked my interest, what does it say?
I picked up this teapot and cup while I was it in Uzbekistan on a Graduate Course, Country Study while in the Army. Really like this one.
View attachment 197494
Well, the teacup is written with some kind of father's life instruction, which can be understood as a list of what to do and what not to do. Your teacup requires that you often worship your ancestors, respect all gods, and often worship the Buddha. Therefore, if you are a Christian or other Semitic monotheist, in order to avoid violating the first and second of the Ten Commandments, you'd better not listen to your teacup. :)
BTW,This set of Central Asian style tea set is a good collection.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Well, the teacup is written with some kind of father's life instruction, which can be understood as a list of what to do and what not to do. Your teacup requires that you often worship your ancestors, respect all gods, and often worship the Buddha. Therefore, if you are a Christian or other Semitic monotheist, in order to avoid violating the first and second of the Ten Commandments, you'd better not listen to your teacup. :)
BTW,This set of Central Asian style tea set is a good collection.
Thanks for the interpretive insight. The diversity of religious faith and practices is far-reaching and vast. In my travels over the years, I’ve had wonderful conversations with people of other faiths. Probably won’t be listening to my tea cup- just enjoying good cups of tea 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.