PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Is this Ebony wood or Ebony "style"?
In our local forum, a carver once stated that Ebony is "toxic" and not suitable for pipes...

Thanks.
I once heard a sculptor say that the sawdust of ebony is irritating to the respiratory tract. And it seems that this kind of wood is very dense and easy to crack. Let them become handicrafts and high-grade furniture.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I needed a shmeck tabac to get me through the evening news broadcast, so I loaded some 2015 John Cotton Smyrna into my Old Dominion Williamsburg clay and the "talking heads" faded into the background. I gotta do this more often.
@dino Nice pipe; I'll have to get one! I was smoking GH brown twist in my Jamestown clay at the Battle of Nantwich; the Williamsburg clay would suit the Redcoats & Revolutionaries!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the half way mark on this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. First time smoking this hardly used recently new to me estate pipe. I decided to temporarily retire the 312 Peterson with the N.A.P. stem because the draft hole that enters the bowl isn't flush with the bottom, and I got tired of throwing out the unsmoked crumbs. One of these days, I may try some pipe mud to fix it, for now this pipe will do well for me. Perfect drilling in it. All three ferals are outside, so it's time to feed them.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.