PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Huh, I had been led to believe that Epiphany was the closer match. Looks like I'll be trying some of the Sutliff Match!
While I would recommend Epiphany any time, it's not the same as the old Revelation. The burleys are sharper and rougher, and it has just a little more Latakia and a touch more perique. The topping is kind of close (not as sweet or deep), therefore not as close as the Match is.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I don’t doubt Jim’s take on this one bit but after comparing Epiphany and Revelation Match, I prefer Epiphany. Been smoking a ton of it lately.
Just to be clear to those who are following this: I made no value judgement on which is the better blend. I leave that to the individual to decide. As you saw, I'm only explaining differences. I recommend both blends.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
While I would recommend Epiphany any time, it's not the same as the old Revelation. The burleys are sharper and rougher, and it has just a little more Latakia and a touch more perique. The topping is kind of close (not as sweet or deep), therefore not as close as the Match is.
Thank you for the extra detail, Jim! The Sutliff Match is sounding like it’d be right up my alley.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of several years old Dunhill Elizabethan in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of Banacek.
Dunhill_1952Apple_ODA_Bruyere_806 B124.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Wonderful sunny day and 34 deg.
Jean Claude bent Brandy with acrylic stem. The last of a tin of GLP Quiet Nights and some C&D Pegasus mixed in to fill this pipe. After seeing @isaac liu with his tea, I decided to brew up some Jasmine Silver Needle Tea To enjoy with this smoke.
View attachment 197069
I'm a little curious. Do you know what is written on your Japanese style tea cup? :)If you're not a strict monotheist, it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.