PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I don’t remember saying anything about perique and semoise blended. I have said that I love “perique’d semoise,” which is semoise that has undergone the perique fermentation process.
I must have misinterpreted your comment sorry, but I’m glad i did.

on another note, that’s interesting you found perique made with semois so fine, as over at the FTT forums it is one of the main homegrown varieties suggested for DIY perique

I must have misinterpreted your comment sorry, but I’m glad i did.

on another note, that’s interesting you found perique made with semois so fine, as over at the FTT forums it is one of the main homegrown varieties suggested for DIY perique
Well, that would probably because homegrowers are the only source of it. Apparently, semois is very similar to the burleys used to make perique.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Well, that would probably because homegrowers are the only source of it. Apparently, semois is very similar to the burleys used to make perique.
Ok now I’m going crazy. Did I dream about a forum post?!? I swear this week I read you mention “perique is not a flavour, but changes the flavour of the leaf it is mixed with…blah blah blah…perique mixed with semois tastes like horse shit”

is this my first old timers moment? ?

Ok now I’m going crazy. Did I dream about a forum post?!? I swear this week I read you mention “perique is not a flavour, but changes the flavour of the leaf it is mixed with…blah blah blah…perique mixed with semois tastes like horse shit”

is this my first old timers moment? ?
If it was this week, then maybe someone else posted it. I wasn’t posting much while I was on vacation.

But, that sounds about right. Maybe I was posting in my sleep, ha ha.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Irish X in a Meer...​

JF8XvBC.jpg

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Enjoying a bowl of Capstan Blue flake in the Star Meerschaum Pipes straight Dublin and listening to a bunch of neighborhood kids play in the white crap!
To think, I too was a kid and enjoyed the stuff, but the older I get the less I like it…View attachment 118902
I heard it’s not safe to smoke a meerschaum outside when cold because the heat can crack the bowl? I have my first and from the looks of it, it’s ok. What’s the truth?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
If it was this week, then maybe someone else posted it. I wasn’t posting much while I was on vacation.

But, that sounds about right. Maybe I was posting in my sleep, ha ha.
I’m not crazy! I’m not crazy! I found the post…ok it’s from 2015 and about Aleister Crowley, maybe I’m crazy.

I’m not crazy! I’m not crazy! I found the post…ok it’s from 2015 and about Aleister Crowley, maybe I’m crazy.

Oh yehhh, I’m soooo sorry for not remembering what I posted in 2015, ha ha!! At least I still have that opinion, but you had said “recently”…. Ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.