PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. This bulldog model was smoked by Nigel Bruce in two Sherlock Holmes movies. If you're interested in owning a copy of this model, please consider asking Smoking Pipes to put it back in production.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

S

ScienceSmoker

I have an interesting Carey (of Magic Inch fame) pipe with a switch on the stem. Flipping the switch slides open/closed the air holes that are common on Carey Magic Inch pipes. It's actually a really nice pipe. Today I'm smoking a new home blend that I was experimenting with for about a year, it's called Point No Point. It's a light English using the "vinegar-ized" red Virginia's and some bright Virginia's that I topped with sugar and left in a jar for about 8 months. Plus Macedonian Prilep and latakia. All pressed together for 2 weeks. It's really good.
careypipe2.jpg
careypipe3.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a very tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch with a few orange slices, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. A cup of hot tea has made way for ice water and bergs.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
We have about eight inches so far and it’s still coming. Power is going on and off. Some nasty winds as well. If we keep power all day I’ll be surprised. Very heavy wet snow.
We got 8” total where I’m at. Glad it stopped with that. It is indeed heavy and wet . Tough to snow blow when it’s like this, but I got my 2 driveways and a neighbors 1 done. I’ve heard of a lot of folks without power on the east side of the Blueridge, but it hasn’t been a problem around me here in the Valley.

lonepiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2017
Central Virginia
We got 8” total where I’m at. Glad it stopped with that. It is indeed heavy and wet . Tough to snow blow when it’s like this, but I got my 2 driveways and a neighbors 1 done. I’ve heard of a lot of folks without power on the east side of the Blueridge, but it hasn’t been a problem around me here in the Valley.
Just got in from snow blowing the driveway. What should have taken an hour turned into three from having to clear the blades every other pass. I heard of some outages around Charlottesville and lots of trees down on route 20. With a low of 11 tonight there should be more problems tomorrow on the roads.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
Aged Burley Flake is the first bowl in my brand new, pre-owned Big Ben (made in Holland) Puur bent apple. It looks like it had a single half-bowl smoked out of it, and that has left it with a delicious chocolate hazlenut smell. I can already tell it's gonna be a great pipe.

20220103_160027.jpg

I was unfortunately intrigued by @cosmicfolklore saying that perique and semois mixed together actually tastes like shit.
I don’t remember saying anything about perique and semoise blended. I have said that I love “perique’d semoise,” which is semoise that has undergone the perique fermentation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.