Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Will be interested to know what you think of the comparison
Here ya go-

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
This finish stands out more, I noticed a little too many dark parts in the previous one (IMHO)
It had quite a few flaws pits in the briar. I was afraid to rusticate it because I've never done it before but It was not a difficult task. It suits the briar better not sure if I like the light or a darker finish more? I guess it'll get darker as I use it. Thank you very much for the input ?

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
WCC Flake 558. Why 558? Did it really take that many tries?
View attachment 123928
"Flake #558 (The measured distance in miles between Watch City Cigar and Richmond, VA, plus a couple extra miles for good measure!) This is another of our "Crumble Flakes". (A mixture of cut leaf with some whole leaf added, pressed and sliced thick). Similiar to our "Old Dominion" this rich, dark flake substitutes a rich stoved Virginia for the Matured Virginia. A wonderfully complex flake with a naturally sweet aftertaste is the result. Just a bit less Perique than Old Dominion."

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
08A29044-6274-42CB-9C01-8620C7243C12.jpeg
Smoking Louisiana Flake in a Dagner Diamond Poker and sipping an Arnold Palmer. The last time I smoked this, I was really picking up on a Lakeland essence that I hadn’t picked up on in the past. Today, the chocolate tones are coming through more pronounced. If I didn’t know better, I might think it was two completely different tobaccos. Either way, it’s still fantastic.

"Flake #558 (The measured distance in miles between Watch City Cigar and Richmond, VA, plus a couple extra miles for good measure!) This is another of our "Crumble Flakes". (A mixture of cut leaf with some whole leaf added, pressed and sliced thick). Similiar to our "Old Dominion" this rich, dark flake substitutes a rich stoved Virginia for the Matured Virginia. A wonderfully complex flake with a naturally sweet aftertaste is the result. Just a bit less Perique than Old Dominion."
That doesn’t make much sense to me, but…. If it works for everyone else, sure.
I guess they assume Virginias are just grown in Virginia, Richmond specifically? And the measurement is just an estimate, because they added a few extra miles?

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
That doesn’t make much sense to me, but…. If it works for everyone else, sure.
I guess they assume Virginias are just grown in Virginia, Richmond specifically? And the measurement is just an estimate, because they added a few extra miles?
You just haven't been initiated into the higher illuminated levels yet. Your time will come, brother.

"")&^@@@#^558

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...​

ijD50tz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.