PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Your reading material caught my eye. The team I work with just completed a multi year research package on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for a large government enterprise and the central focus of my dissertation was the validity and reliability of a specific measurement model.

Are you reading this stuff for work or just out of personal interest?
Okay. I am interested. What was your find? I can guess, but I am curious if you will surprise me.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Treated myself to a large bowl of Savinelli Brunello Flake in yesterday's Upshall P Poker, usually a blend I reserve for my smaller "Virginia" pipes. Very nice in that large bowl: sweet, soft and full, becomes a relaxed, very comfortable smoke here and not an audition demanding constant attention to the nuances of the blender's art. Love those Virginias.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Okay. I am interested. What was your find? I can guess, but I am curious if you will surprise me.
If I understand your question correctly -

In very general terms we found that there are a lot of things that can but often aren’t done to harness the positive aspects of work group diversity and mitigate the negs (not a big surprise).

And that many measurement models in the social sciences are critically flawed and may not do a good job of measuring what they are supposed to. ( also not a big surprise)

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
Kramer's Blend for Fr. Dempsey in a smooth Pete Aran 408, to kick off the work week -- one main writing project to accomplish today, and this will help get the creative juices flowing.

California is set up for a pretty epic football showdown (following on our baseball one in the fall). I think the Rams have lost six straight to the 49ers... team ownership REALLY wants to be playing in the Super Bowl in the new SoFi stadium.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
If I understand your question correctly -

In very general terms we found that there are a lot of things that can but often aren’t done to harness the positive aspects of work group diversity and mitigate the negs (not a big surprise).

And that many measurement models in the social sciences are critically flawed and may not do a good job of measuring what they are supposed to. ( also not a big surprise)
As I left the school system, this was/is a huge question/problem. The measurements they used to assess the effectiveness of their efforts focus on data gleaned from program completion of participants in PDs, new hire information, and number of people who have completed diversity education PDs in the district overall. Superficial data that does little to glean insight on the effec of the district’s efforts or the change in participants’ behavior, positive or negative after completing the PDs. I’d love to discuss this further on a different thread.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
As I left the school system, this was/is a huge question/problem. The measurements they used to assess the effectiveness of their efforts focus on data gleaned from program completion of participants in PDs, new hire information, and number of people who have completed diversity education PDs in the district overall. Superficial data that does little to glean insight on the effec of the district’s efforts or the change in participants’ behavior, positive or negative after completing the PDs. I’d love to discuss this further on a different thread.
A thermometer can be very accurate but no matter how hard you try it won’t tell tell you how much something weights :)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
Your reading material caught my eye. The team I work with just completed a multi year research package on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for a large government enterprise and the central focus of my dissertation was the validity and reliability of a specific measurement model.

Are you reading this stuff for work or just out of personal interest?
I'm replying over a bowl of House of Uhle in a meer (now the puritans can't say I was off topic).

I'm wrapping up career number one in the near future and in my last semester of full time coursework for a PhD in preparation for what I hope will be career number two. So, I suppose the answer to your question is a bit of both!

Status
Not open for further replies.