PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
FVF in pipe #2 I made Saturday I decided to try rustication last night #2 was the victim. Great Eastern Cutlery 14 is the knife
View attachment 123916
@AlanH I've smoked some Full Virginia Flake in my clay pipes; I feel that Gawith flake is very well suited to clays. Can you imagine how many clay pipes have been smoked with Gawith tobacco over the years???

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
GH&Co Black Cherry Twist in a No Name Italian Meerschaum lined beater I replaced the stem and repaired the insert on.

0632379-E-A032-4975-AF92-47-B04-F7081-BD.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Halfdan, i have a question for you, since you are the expert on clay pipes. Or anyone else who has the answer. My new clay has a tiny crack at the base where bowl and stem meet. I tried to get a picture of it but it isn't too good. The pen points to it. It is across the width of the stem, but does not go all the way around. I put pencil marks at each end to watch any progress. 20220124_115350.jpg It may have been there when I got it and it just missed it or may be new. My question is, is this pipe a lost cause? Before someone gets wise and asks, no, there's no smoke coming out the crack.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
My brother was run over by an Afghan woman and dragged 100 feet under her car. It broke more bones than Evil Keneval did in his entire career. He lost much of his sensory ability and laid in the hospital with an open abdomen for over a month before they could close him up. Countless surgeries later with much of his tendons and bones reversed ordered so he can move, one of his few pleasures is smoking Cult Blood Moon. He is back at work where he installs programs for a major defense contractor- working on advanced weapons that he can never discuss. It is the simple things in life that matter the most.2246A31E-82E3-43B3-A8DA-AC74148267D0.jpeg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
My brother was run over by an Afghan woman and dragged 100 feet under her car. It broke more bones than Evil Keneval did in his entire career. He lost much of his sensory ability and laid in the hospital with an open abdomen for over a month before they could close him up. Countless surgeries later with much of his tendons and bones reversed ordered so he can move, one of his few pleasures is smoking Cult Blood Moon. He is back at work where he installs programs for a major defense contractor- working on advanced weapons that he can never discuss. It is the simple things in life that matter the most.View attachment 123922
OMG! My prayers are with him for sure! The man I almost married was killed in Vietnam. Our service members need our love and support.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Halfdan, i have a question for you, since you are the expert on clay pipes. Or anyone else who has the answer. My new clay has a tiny crack at the base where bowl and stem meet. I tried to get a picture of it but it isn't too good. The pen points to it. It is across the width of the stem, but does not go all the way around. I put pencil marks at each end to watch any progress. View attachment 123921 It may have been there when I got it and it just missed it or may be new. My question is, is this pipe a lost cause? Before someone gets wise and asks, no, there's no smoke coming out the crack.
@Carol Not sure, it may be to do with the moulding.
The part where the bowl joins the stem appears to be the weak point with clay pipes as this is where they always break...
I've lost count of how many clay pipes I have broken...

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
St Bruno Flake in a Kaywoodie Silhouette billiard. I smoke the ready Rubbed version of this almost daily. I'm terrible with drying tobacco out and often will skip over blends I love because I don't want to wait half an hour for it to dry out enough. I have a new pipe on the way that should be getting delivered any minute now. I was hoping it was here in time for this smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.