Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Regular old Sir Walter Raleigh in a pouch as my second bowl to break in my new Savinelli Pannocchia 606 KS bent billiard with carved rustication to resemble corn kernels on a cob, unfinished, and a bright yellow stem. It is unfinished, so should color, and to my great satisfaction, it has no chamber coating. They are trusting me not to burn up my pipe. I shopped endlessly to buy this pipe mostly with store credit from trading in three other pipes I wasn't smoking. This pipe has such nice balance, a larger than average chamber, and pleasing texture. Runner-ups were the Nording Valhalla military mount straight brandy (which I think showed some bubbling in the heavy finish), and the Peterson 2020 Christmas pipe with its nifty copper band or shank cap, which was too much like my other Petes in size and the chamber wasn't quite deep enough. Boy, I can wring pipe shopping for every last bead of sweat, but I'm happy with this one.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
That doesn’t make much sense to me, but…. If it works for everyone else, sure.
I guess they assume Virginias are just grown in Virginia, Richmond specifically? And the measurement is just an estimate, because they added a few extra miles?
Haha yeah, I don’t give a shit what they call it or why they call it that. I just remember reading it and thought I’d pass it along.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...​

ijD50tz.jpg
@weezell I enjoyed the 1792 Flake in my clay pipes; I think it would suit my Redcoat character!

Status
Not open for further replies.