PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Thanks very much for the suggestion but the 45 year old Fribourg & Treyer ciggies are thankfully in remarkably good condition having been kept in a drawer away from heat sources and have not dried out unlike the 106 year old ciggies from 1914 which certainly have:-
View attachment 58683
View attachment 58684View attachment 58685

I was also a big fan of the Rameses - which I smoked throughout the 1980s right up to the early 1990s (even though they were priced @£9.99 for a pack of twenty which was considerably more expensive than any other brand on the market at the time and could only be sourced as far as I was aware from Davidoff in Jermyn Street and G. Smith & Sons in The Charing Cross Road).
I was sadly forced to abandon Rameses when new E.E.C. rulings about nicotine and tar content came into force - I forget now exactly when that was - which resulted in a recipe change from 16 mg. tar and 1.2 mg. nicotine to 12 mg. tar and 0.9 mg. nicotine and the ciggies became but a shadow of their former selves and that was the end for me:-
View attachment 58686
I thought I got mine in Lewis’ in Covent Garden but could have been Charing Cross. I was a Samson lover, thirty years, and then it just disappeared a couple of years ago. Nothing else satisfied me so I turned to the pipe full time. Enjoy them

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
While off line, I smoked circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. The, it was KBV Burrrrley Morning Pipe Fall/Winter Edition Beta Test in an undated, unbranded, slight bend smooth darker brown made in France Los Alton VBF zulu with a black vulcanite saddle stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.