PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
That’s a beautiful piece of wood on which your pipe and tray sit. Not that the pipe and tray don’t have their appeal! Second time today I’ve noticed the table?
Thanks, it’s Tasmanian Myrtle. We have pockets where these grow and we felled one and ran it through the sawmill here on the farm and that board plus about 20 others like it are the result. I just rubbed some liquid beeswax polish on that board to see what it looks like and now I have to decide what sort of furniture I’ll get made to use it but it it sure is lovely.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Thanks, it’s Tasmanian Myrtle. We have pockets where these grow and we felled one and ran it through the sawmill here on the farm and that board plus about 20 others like it are the result. I just rubbed some liquid beeswax polish on that board to see what it looks like and now I have to decide what sort of furniture I’ll get made to use it but it it sure is lovely.
Very nice! Yea, I’d say something definitely needs made from it!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GLP Montgomery in a Pete Premier System 303

52890608691_ba2dc50ed5_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.