PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Watched an episode of Nature about wildlife in the Rockies, and smoked a bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of Sutliff States of Virginia Limited Edition ’23 in a 2003 medium bent straight grain military mount Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve dublin signed by Dorelio Rovera with a silver ferrule and a black acrylic stem. Haven't smoked this great pipe in a long time. Running low on this tin, too. Watching the second episode about wild life in the Rockies.
Ardor Two dot 2 P. Venere Extra Bucaneve .jpg

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
How
First time with Angry Cornishman from Country Squire in a Moretti Morta Apple. Comparing to last night's smoke of standard Cornishman. I think my preference is for the "Angry" version. Still sweet and creamy, but the additional latakia gives just a little more oomph.
View attachment 291287
Do you like the Moretti? How about the morta? Looking at a morta, thinking about getting one.

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
Opened a tin of some of my older stock. Absolutely superb. Extremely cool smoke - never went out once all the way to the bottom of the bowl. The Virginias have aged fantastically.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 8

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
Yes, it is from Burns in Chatta-vegas! It's fantastic leaf. I've never actually had any fresh Escudo so I'm going to get a tin to compare - plus lots more to age. Most of my old stuff is English, pretty latakia heavy (lots of Dunhill Nightcap for instance) so I hope it will still be tasty after 20 years. I kinda put the pipe away for a long while but it's good to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.