PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Had a bowl of Savinelli 140th Anniversary in a Stefano Rhodesian this afternoon. Hoping to get one more in tomorrow before the rain.

Bird report: Mountain chickadee, California scrub-jay, Dark-eyed junco, California towhee, Steller's jay, California quail, Spotted towhee, House finch, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, Oak titmouse, Hairy woodpecker, and White-crowned sparrow.

stefano.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.jpg

Legendary comic book artist Ramona Fradon passed away today at age 97. She was the co-creator of Metamorpho, long time artist on Aquaman and Super Friends along with pencilng stints on Freedom Fighters and Plastic Man for DC Comics. She drew the Brenda Starr newspaper strip for many years. In 1995, I was very fortunate to ink a Brenda Starr daily at the San Diego Con. I didn't have a brush to ink with, so Ramona gave me the one she brought with her. Mark Evanier paid me a high compliment when he said I came closest to matching her style. Some years later I conducted a comprehensive interview with Ramona in Alter Ego #69. For those who are interested, you can purchase a digital copy here, and read about a great cartoonist: Alter Ego 69 : TwoMorrows Publishing, The Future of Comics and LEGO™ Publications. - https://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=123_139_141&products_id=563

Status
Not open for further replies.