PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Funny you say that because since settlement its always been known as the "Edge of the World"
Thats ironic !
The closest I got to your part of the world was Bali and that felt surreal to me looking out into the Indian Ocean. It actually felt like you were standing on the edge of the end of the world and looking out beyond it!
The sun over there is also a whole different animal compared to this side of the globe. Its also the furthest place from home I’ve been.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Thats ironic !
The closest I got to your part of the world was Bali and that felt surreal to me looking out into the Indian Ocean. It actually felt like you were standing on the edge of the end of the world and looking out beyond it!
The sun over there is also a whole different animal compared to this side of the globe.
I'll try and get down to the beach in the next day or so and take some pictures for you. The whole coastline is breathtaking but you basically can't see it unless, like us your farm goes down to the water. The time to really see it is when we have an antarctic storm come across, you stand there and really feel small when Mother Nature is having a moment I can tell you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the last quarter of this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a smooth straight brown family era Sasieni Mayfair 64 N Canadian with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Going to clean a few pipes. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Sasieni_Mayfair_Canadian.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
A SØREN Hand Carved in DENMARK pipe, filled with some very dry Ken Byron Ventures Mycroft blend. I purchased this pipe new in 1976 and it has served me well, I’ve dropped it, lost it, it has been left outside for weeks at a time, it’s been stolen and used for what it was not intended for, it is on its third stem now. Now I treat this pipe like and old friend, irreplaceable. 1707881333231.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.