PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Picked 5 bags of rubbish from the Don Catchment Rivers Trust volunteer day at Swinton Dike and Chesterfield today; that's 5 bags of grot out of the environment:)
Redcoats & Revolutionaries will be at Cromford Mill in September so Jason the blacksmith will be firing up the old clay again this year - and at the Viking events! I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last when I see him again.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I have that exact pipe It was one of the few I received that was my grandads, I haven’t restored it partially because it was the pipe I use to pretend to smoke as a kid I take a draw every now and then to remember that stale tobacco taste, Great Pipe
So much nostalgia surrounds pipe smoking for so many. Thanks for sharing! My great grandfather smoked a pipe. I was recently talking with my grandmother (88 years young) and learned that. Unfortunately there are no pipes to hand down. But it was interesting to listen to her tell stories of when she was young and the way she adored the smell of his pipe smoke and enjoyed packing bowls for him.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and met a nice young couple who were at my driveway taking photos of the ferals. We had a very fun, long conversation about a lot of things. Very enjoyable. Being the friendly street ambassador that he is, Tomato the Brave went right up to them. I learned that they feed ferals, and have occasional visits from Harry the Hairy, Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager. I was glad I had pipe tobacco with me, and smoked three bowls of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GH Best Brown #2 in a Savinelli Antica

53356352265_ae2b581df7_k.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. All the ferals are inside because Harry the Hairy is in full territorial mode.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
This road on the farm heads due south and there is only one small island between me and Antarctica and that island is Heard Island and it has Australia's only active volcano on it Heard Island and McDonald Islands - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heard_Island_and_McDonald_Islands

Out past those trees is the great southern ocean and its a wild wild piece of water and drives all our weather here on the farm. Smoking some Mac Baren Latakia Flake in a Savinelli 320 as I head south.
View attachment 288313
That’s beautiful!
It must feel like standing on the edge of the world !

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I guess today’s theme for me is Canadian’s. Another Canadian made in Canada by a Canadian being Dimitry Miscoi out of Ontario.
I was introduced to Dimitry through @KORNEY and have been extremely pleased with his work.
Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed.
View attachment 288220View attachment 288221
Hadn't heard of this pipe maker, but just spent the last half hour thumbing through his incredible work on IG.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Did a second set of walking reps, and met a nice young couple who were at my driveway taking photos of the ferals. We had a very fun, long conversation about a lot of things. Very enjoyable. Being the friendly street ambassador that he is, Tomato the Brave went right up to them. I learned that they feed ferals, and have occasional visits from Harry the Hairy, Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager. I was glad I had pipe tobacco with me, and smoked three bowls of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
View attachment 288317

Did you share the monikers you’ve given the various ferals?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture early version #1 in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow acrylic stem. We were surprised to find a big bag of dry cat food on our porch. Our neighbors up the street who own several cats decided to help us out with the ferals (they feed ferals, too). What a wonderfully thoughtful act of generosity!
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.