PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Naproxen is notoriously bad for the liver and kidneys, morphine is safer, providing the dosage is correct of course.
NSAIDs properly taken & as long as used when appropriate are perfectly safe for most folks with minor muscle aches , strains & pains. Any medication, whether it be Naproxen or MORPHINE can lead to significant metabolic issues &/or dependent addiction potentially. That said, my recommendation to take proper dosage of Aleve for muscle aches periodically should always be taken with your physician awareness & approval. Also, unless a doctor recommends it for a given situation, I’d not suggest Morphine or any other narcotic medicine a safer option for muscle 💪🏻 aches and pains.
PS…always consult your physician when taking any medication 💊. 👍☕

Last edited:

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
NSAIDs properly taken & as long as used when appropriate are perfectly safe for most folks with minor muscle aches , strains & pains. Any medication, whether it be Naproxen or MORPHINE can lead to significant metabolic issues &/or dependent addiction potentially. That said, my recommendation to take proper dosage of Aleve for muscle aches periodically should always be taken with your physician awareness & approval. Also, unless a doctor recommends it for a given situation, I’d not suggest Morphine or any other narcotic medicine a safer option for muscle 💪🏻 aches and pains.
PS…always consult your physician when taking any medication 💊. 👍☕
I’m merely referring to its effects on one’s organs, opiates although highly addictive have little detrimental effect on the liver and kidneys etc compared to naproxen, I don’t think I’ve seen such a long list of side effects coming with any other medication compared to that stuff.
I just accept the pain nowadays, you learn to live with it eventually.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I wanted to share this photo. It is my sister-in-law's cat, picked up from the street. A curious love for stuffed animals, he also talks, I don't know what he means, but when you talk to him, sometimes he answers you in his language. He arrived on the porch of my sister-in-law's house, almost dying. Thank you Jim, for your love for these special animals.View attachment 287556
Thank you for the kind words, and your cat story. Tell your sister-in-law that I think she's great for rescuing a living being in need.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I’m merely referring to its effects on one’s organs, opiates although highly addictive have little detrimental effect on the liver and kidneys etc compared to naproxen, I don’t think I’ve seen such a long list of side effects coming with any other medication compared to that stuff.
I just accept the pain nowadays, you learn to live with it eventually.
And Sir, I never intended to under cut your understanding that Naproxen and other NSAIDs could be have serious effects on stomach& other organs. For me, I use NSAIDs sparingly and only when my back goes on the fritz. And, then I take it once a day when needed to relieve inflammation which it does. For some, NSAIDs provide no relief at all. And, you’re right living with tolerable pain is a life process, which will all likely face at some point as we get on. IMHO, some folks are afraid of any discomfort. When I first started out…a patient once told me that getting old is all about dealing with pain…I’m beginning to find out he was spot on. That said…life is good and ❤️ your posts. 👍☕

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Milan tobacco Prince Albert match in an Academy Award pipe. Lots to do today and tomorrow in prep for my surgery Tuesday. I'll be in a sling for up to 6wks. So, little ability to do my normal work. View attachment 287671
Best wishes Ted

You mentioned you will quit for a short time, to help with healing?

I'd be interested to know what you think your first smoke back will be, compared to what it actually is!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
And Sir, I never intended to under cut your understanding that Naproxen and other NSAIDs could be have serious effects on stomach& other organs. For me, I use NSAIDs sparingly and only when my back goes on the fritz. And, then I take it once a day when needed to relieve inflammation which it does. For some, NSAIDs provide no relief at all. And, you’re right living with tolerable pain is a life process, which will all likely face at some point as we get on. IMHO, some folks are afraid of any discomfort. When I first started out…a patient once told me that getting old is all about dealing with pain…I’m beginning to find out he was spot on. That said…life is good and ❤️ your posts. 👍☕
👍👍Thank you sir, your patient isn’t far wrong although I don’t consider myself old at 57, just really unlucky 😅. Although not as unlucky as some so I try to count my blessings and take pleasure in the little things.
Like yourself it’s my back that causes me the most grief, tricky things they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.