PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking KBV Dwarven Mine in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. These KBV blends that I've been smoking this evening are being beta tested.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
If you live near a waterfront, especially one that was used as a docks in centuries past I’m sure you’ll find some if you dig deep enough. I used to pick them up by the dozen when I was a kid, they were just sitting on the surface of the Thames mud in central London. I found some very cool stuff mudlarking but you have to dig pretty deep nowadays as most have been taken.
@Birddog66 Sounds good to me! Anthony from the Don Catchment Rivers Trust says he found a clay pipe & pewter tankard during a river clean-up; he said they were mine:) Picked 3 bags of rubbish yesterday.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, and am smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

Soon after I woke up today, I looked out the window to see the bushy tailed cat (I have to find a name for him) waiting for me. When I went outside, he ran up to me happy and excited, and for the first time, I heard him meow and not moan. I noticed under all that fur that his sides sag. Whoever owns him isn’t feeding him enough. I’m doing my part to help him. He still has some hesitancy toward me at times, but I think he does trust me. He loves being rubbed and having his head scratched even when he’s eating.
Unnamed_Chatting_Lounge.jpg
Unnamed_HeadRub.jpg

After he left, Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager showed up in that order. I let D & T in to eat, and fed Abner outside so he could eat in peace. I let Abner in a little later, and he snoozed the rest of the day, and most of the evening on the couch. Part two will be posted with my next smoke.
Abner_Stare_food.jpg
AbnerCouch1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
With a little luck, my last smoke of the day will be Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

This afternoon, Sam the Scamp was hiding in the bushes until the coast was clear. I called to him, and he came running at top speed. After he ate, Tomato wanted out, and decided to stalk Sam. I intervened twice, and then brought Sam in to eat. BTS came over to eat four times today. Each time he saw me, he came to me. One time, there was a little tension between and Sam the Scamp. I settled that by bringing Sam in to eat. BST went to the back door four times today. I have the feeling that he wants to come inside, but he’s not socialized enough with other cats for that to happen. Finally, he ended up lying in a comfort pad we got from Chewy. Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger are not at all thrilled by the gang that already comes in and leaves, so I am not burdening their psyches any further.
TomatoStalksSam1.jpg
TomatoLeavesSam.jpg
Sam&UnnamedStandoff1.jpg
Unnamed_ComfortCircle.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, I’m waiting for the postman and a very special pipe I brought last week that I’m looking forward to posting here, I kinda feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

I’m trying to distract myself with a bowl of Aberrant in a Kaywoodie Super Grain with shank logo and the usual Lavazza. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.