PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I love that pipe! Where can I find one like that?
It was carved by a guy called Hüseyin Ege. My wife found it on eBay, it was a Christmas gift, she just searched for a unicorn pipe and found it that way (probably a Google search that led to the eBay listing). H. Ege does have his own website (Real Meerschaum Smoking Pipes - Meerschaum Collectibles Gifts From Eskisehir - Land of Meerschaum - https://www.egemeerschaumpipe.com/master.asp), with links to an official Facebook and Instagram. I'm not sure what exact eBay store was used.

There are plenty of carvers that make similar styles and you can find probably similar styles on Smoking Pipes as well as meerschaum specific websites.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. All the ferals are here. I had bring Abner the Eager into the house since Harry the Hairy started his intimidation cries. As is often the case, Sam the Scamp was with Harry, and I had to let him in for the same reason. Sam and Harry get along until food enters the picture. Abner's finished eating, and now Sam is having a meal.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
After re-reaming the Vauen Olaf bent egg and cleaning it again, some Newminster 400 scraps from the tobacco tray with a pinch of D&R Three Sails on top ... using the three sails this way I can avoid the problems of mess and clogging I have been having. I agree with one poster that you can tell when you hit the bottom third of three sails as the taste changes slightly. I also cleaned the Peterson Pub and the MM Mark Twain cob with Tortoise shell long Forever Stem. May dig out a few other pipes and change rotation.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. This will last a while. Sam the Scamp is sleeping by my side, and I hate to disturb him, although Sleepy Suzy is unhappy about him being in her usual spot.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg
SamArmRoundMe.jpg

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Maiden voyage for the Peterson Derry 68 that arrived in the mail today. Half a bowl of HH Vintage Latakia to start the show. My first truly curved stem - a bit of a, shall we say, learning curve? Keep trying to hold the bowl higher when it's much lower than I'm used to. That being said, it smoked wonderfully and it has a great feel in hand.
20240227_161252.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.