PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a pre-1980s straight dark brown Comoy's Sandblast 186 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to listen to Jack Armstrong, The All American Boy from my radio collection.
Comoy's_Sandblast 186 billiard.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Haunted bookshop in a clay.
I bought 2oz H.B. Maybe I am a fans of English, Balkans and V/P, still can't like this "bold burley" after drinking a few bowls. Sometimes it has the taste of cheap cigars, which is not bad, but it is just a simple and rough tobacco, lacking a sense of hierarchy, like wine bibber's strong wine.
I won't buy it again. However, it will not be wasted. I will save it for my mother-in-law's visit. Maybe this "bold burley" can effectively drive her away.
View attachment 202237
mix it 50/50 with Boswell's Northwoods or similar Frog Morton-esque blend.... Haunted Woods. It works (for me!). puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had a light snack, and am smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Haven't seen much of the striped cats the last few days, although I think they've when I was doing something else. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of AceFour’s VaBur in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley NEBPC apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for one more bowl. This'll do it for me today.
Hadley_NEBPC_apple.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
mix it 50/50 with Boswell's Northwoods or similar Frog Morton-esque blend.... Haunted Woods. It works (for me!). puffy

@Scottmi Good advice! By mixing some Latakia and Oriental to improve the taste of burley, I really think it will suit my taste. But with Morton Frog? Is it a waste? I can't bear to open my last 100g can, unless someone makes McClelland return to the market. However, it is very feasible to use C&D's own products to develop a "haunted pirate". still have 2 pounds of Pirate Kake. This will be the plan for tomorrow.
Today, I unexpectedly found that this little keywoodie 08a is very suitable for C&D Bayou Night. I should buy another 4oz for this pipe.WechatIMG228.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.