Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoking Mac Baren 7 Sea Royal into a cob with coffee , my fingers told me to stop playing banjo for today .
View attachment 126316
WHAT? The mandolin is fine for your fingers but not the banjo? Check your bridges. Mandolins are cheese graters on my fingers, but my banjo is like cotton to me. Pun intended.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
When I saw the similarity in stem shape to jiminks's Basil Meadows, I decided to do a quick homage using the porch railing.

I'm having EGR in an EA Carey English Gentleman No. 345 The Natural Prima Magic Inch (boy, that's a mouthful).

The vent in the stem is designed to draw cool air in with your smoke, but it interferes a little with getting the initial light; I imagine its intent was to artificially create a sipping action by not allowing you to draw hard.

IMG_20220204_160613.jpg

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
WHAT? The mandolin is fine for your fingers but not the banjo? Check your bridges. Mandolins are cheese graters on my fingers, but my banjo is like cotton to me. Pun intended.
My string gauge on tenor banjo are super heavy , otherwise the G string is floppy ! The setting is top notch i just played about 5 hours , i also practiced some chop chords on mandolin . Might be the mix of the 2 ? I was kinda surprised my fingers are very well seasoned, i feel like when i was 9 years old and begin guitar.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
A bowl of the No #3 Crumble Cake, in a smaller Peterson Diplomat.

I'll be making my pilgrimage to Jackson MS tonight, and I'll spend the day at The Country Squire tomorrow (Saturday the 5th). If any of you are local to that area, shoot me a PM, would love to meet up and get to know some more of the pipe smokers in these ranks!

View attachment 126265
Give us a report on the trip I want to go make that trip too!

Status
Not open for further replies.