Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither my banjo nor my mandolin are particularly hard on my finger tips, maybe you need to get your mandolin action checked.
I am the world’s worst mandolin player on a mediocre mandolin, so yeh…. but my mandolin friends usually just shrug when I being it up and agree that mandolins generally don’t have a soft action. But, you may be right.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I am the world’s worst mandolin player on a mediocre mandolin, so yeh…. but my mandolin friends usually just shrug when I being it up and agree that mandolins generally don’t have a soft action. But, you may be right.

I'm no virtuoso on the mandolin either but my mandolin is leaps and bounds better of an instrument than my banjo. I actually had to do a good amount of setup work on my banjo to lower the action and make it easier to play. But I've been a guitar player for a couple decades so even a banjo with high action wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Dunhill Nightcap in a Pete Meer...​

Ml5XF6E.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Can’t help to not think of our UK Brethren, especially that smiling puffin Scottsman @Ettrick puffer while I just opened and trying for the first time Samuel Gawith Grousemoor in a MM Apple Diplomat with a Forever stem.

Tobaccoreviews.com lists this as an Aromatic, hmm, for me it comes across more like a VA with some toppings, not an Aro, because the tabac isn’t drowning in the background like most Aros, where you can’t taste the tabac.

This VA you can taste, it’s light and sweet and the Lakeland flavors are delicate and subtle, they really compliment the VA tabac. I’ve only smoked as Lakelands go, Bosun and Ennerdale, and this is a completely different spice going on. :)

It’s like Tabac for the Summertime, or when you want something light and refreshing, like Ice Tea, Lemonade, a Summer Ale, etc, this is a light sweet refreshing Lakeland.

I say for VA lovers that want to try something different, give this a go, this is quality tabac ?

Here’s to Ettrick, the Grouse and the Moors! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

C96DC195-A10E-42C9-93FF-8685243F2839.jpeg

Gawith artwork inside the tin.

4E795939-08C3-4269-90C3-666914926AAC.jpeg

436D85E8-ECBB-4E9D-AD26-2D416AE6A7D0.jpeg

DAD862B8-8591-4332-AAC7-8ECB23D257F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.