PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Good afternoon guys. After a nice lunch, and keeping the quarantine at home, although every now and then I go for a walk. Today I start with the first tobacco. I decided to smoke something sweet and mild. mb: Virginia Flake, an open can from a few months ago, the tobacco is ready to rub and smoke directly. Perfect humidity for me.Accompanied by a hot tea of red fruits, lemon and honey. And I filled up to the eyebrows a MM General. I couldn't wait to smoke, for God's sake. I wish you a happy day..View attachment 126031
Hallelujah!!!!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
A couple of recent threads convinced me to try something in a vanilla, so I ordered some Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake and some Newminster 400. First vanilla voyage is the Mac Baren in an old Peterson I was really happy to acquire from @ssjones. I've been off the Coke for many months to maintain my girlish figure, but the wife still uses, lol. So, some of "her" Coke and chocolate and butterscotch chips seemed like a good mid-afternoon match. Turns out they are! This pipe really caught my wife's eye when she saw it on the counter the other day, and she thinks the shape and the old wood and stunning silver band are "it" - win! Halfway through, the tobacco and pipe are great!!!

B452A4CB-62DA-4E51-926D-578450489EE1_1_201_a.jpeg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Good afternoon guys. After a nice lunch, and keeping the quarantine at home, although every now and then I go for a walk. Today I start with the first tobacco. I decided to smoke something sweet and mild. mb: Virginia Flake, an open can from a few months ago, the tobacco is ready to rub and smoke directly. Perfect humidity for me.Accompanied by a hot tea of red fruits, lemon and honey. And I filled up to the eyebrows a MM General. I couldn't wait to smoke, for God's sake. I wish you a happy day..View attachment 126031
Welcome back brother!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Just posted three reviews at TR: two Ken Byron blends that go on sale tomorrow and today's newly released Wilke Surbrug White Label.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Beautiful pipe Jim, the natural finnish is absolutely breathtaking ! I couldn’t believe it when I first heard that Peterson was reproducing the 4AB! I’m pretty young but a few years ago I discovered Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock, then Mark Irwin’s writings. I’ve been hooked on the shape ever since! I was able to score #435 in the rusticated finish, it’s perfect! I keep sending Peterson and Smokingpipes emails asking them to bring it back to their normal lineup along with all the other 309 versions. Fingers crossed. ? I honestly think it would be a profitable shape in light of the attention it’s gotten by you, Mark and others especially after the 309 was dropped in 2013.
Thank you for your work in helping put this pipe in our hands again!
Jaron
You're very welcome. It was worth the time and effort I put in. Thanks for letting them know you want the 4AB in regular production. I hope more people will do this because customer voices speak loudly to manufacturers in the pipe world. And Smoking Pipes has always been wonderful about listening to customers.

I'd like to see the 309 back as well as the X155 Bulldog, which Nigel Bruce smoked in two Sherlock Holmes movies. I urge everybody to petition for the return of these models.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I've decided Fridays for me, when I have the chance, will be Forum Member Fridays, lol. Just opened up some Mac Baren Scottish Mixture ala 2009 I obtained some time ago from a forum member and enjoying it in the old Comoy "Patina" Large Canadian courtesy of Secret Santa @captainsousie. I can definitely tell the difference between this and the Vanilla and really good in its own way and this old pipe also shines!

4CF1AAA1-A936-4BEF-BF17-18CA8D091460_1_201_a.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.