PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
View attachment 269202Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Oil Cured Radice Rind with Condor, thank you @JOHN72. Celebrating my mother’s life even while making her funeral arrangements. This smoke is a needed break from the siblings.My mother bought me many pipes over the years. She raced motocross, shot in black power shoots and was a legendary hunter and fisherman. She was also a German. We affectionately referred to her as both the Hun and the panzer tank. She was a force to be reckoned with and even when I was 18 she could pin me in a wrestling match. She once held up the back end of a 56 Chevy when the Jack was moved while changing the Wheel She cold cocked two women who insulted her and dropped them clean out with one punch. A force of nature, she could rip a door off it hinges as easily as flinging cast iron skillets at my idiot dad. We will miss her and know that there was no one like her ever.
Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you loved your mom dearly. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
View attachment 269202Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Oil Cured Radice Rind with Condor, thank you @JOHN72. Celebrating my mother’s life even while making her funeral arrangements. This smoke is a needed break from the siblings.My mother bought me many pipes over the years. She raced motocross, shot in black power shoots and was a legendary hunter and fisherman. She was also a German. We affectionately referred to her as both the Hun and the panzer tank. She was a force to be reckoned with and even when I was 18 she could pin me in a wrestling match. She once held up the back end of a 56 Chevy when the Jack was moved while changing the Wheel She cold cocked two women who insulted her and dropped them clean out with one punch. A force of nature, she could rip a door off it hinges as easily as flinging cast iron skillets at my idiot dad. We will miss her and know that there was no one like her ever.
Sorry for your loss brother. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Very sorry to hear of your loss. What a wonderful tribute! It is clear she was loved and will be missed.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Sounds like a neat lady! May all the wonderful memories bring you comfort, sir.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Amphora Virginia in my MM Morgan, earlier in the day:

IMG_2640.jpeg

I’m still deciding how I feel about this blend. It’s not very sweet for me, more bitter/astringent, like sun-brewed tea or dark-roasted coffee. It may be something I come around to love eventually, but I think I need my Virginias sweeter (or at least without that bitter note) for the time being.

Friendly Piper

Might Stick Around
Sep 22, 2023
Northern Virginia
Thank you for sharing those memories with us. My wife's maternal grandparents lived in Arkansas and your mother sounds a lot like her Grandma--Arkansas tough! May her memory be a blessing to you and all who love her.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1999 Old Gowrie in my new Liu Zifeng acorn.

IMG-1057.png

H

HRPufnstuf

So, finally I got the Virus for the first time. Feeling better now (actually I never felt especially bad, only a strong headache the first day) and smoking St Bernard Flake in the Canasta pipe.
I' like to share a thought: I have surprised myself with how much uncomfortable I was with the fact that even temporarily, I lost my everyday's routine and "program", simple things like going to work with the train (which involves some walking to/from the station, and pure reading time in the train), my workouts every evening (50% for body exercising purposes, 50% for stress relief), smoking my pipe of course etc. Aah, a sign (another one) of age I guess. But man must be more flexible and adaptive.
Back to St Bernard: it was given to me (an almost full tin) by a pipe friend, I thought there was a small amount of Latakia in it but then I read that it's Perique, which gives the spicy tones to this well balanced blend. I've already put it in the "buy/smoke again" list.

Be all well good people!

View attachment 269150
Feel better soon Christos, you'll be back on track before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.