PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and pecans and a Sugar Bee apple on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of C&D Anthology 2023 in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
I finished the drawing and the ink is drying. I'm nearing the half way mark of this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to feed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
View attachment 269030
Jim I'd love to see some of your artwork if you'd be willing to share with us.

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
Bob's Chocolate Flake in an ebony 999 spigot

SZzMZZgh.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
So, finally I got the Virus for the first time. Feeling better now (actually I never felt especially bad, only a strong headache the first day) and smoking St Bernard Flake in the Canasta pipe.
I' like to share a thought: I have surprised myself with how much uncomfortable I was with the fact that even temporarily, I lost my everyday's routine and "program", simple things like going to work with the train (which involves some walking to/from the station, and pure reading time in the train), my workouts every evening (50% for body exercising purposes, 50% for stress relief), smoking my pipe of course etc. Aah, a sign (another one) of age I guess. But man must be more flexible and adaptive.
Back to St Bernard: it was given to me (an almost full tin) by a pipe friend, I thought there was a small amount of Latakia in it but then I read that it's Perique, which gives the spicy tones to this well balanced blend. I've already put it in the "buy/smoke again" list.

Be all well good people!

View attachment 269150
Glad to hear it didn't hit you too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.