PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a bit of snacking, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. As much as I have eaten today and will tomorrow, I hate to think how much I'll weigh on Monday.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Uhle’s Blend 71 in a smooth straight brown family era Sasieni Mayfair 64 N Canadian with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Sasieni_Mayfair_Canadian.jpg

After walking with me, Tomato the Brave was in play mode and rolled around in the back yard. Sam the Scamp was standing on the birdbath waiting for his chance to eat. Daisy the Feral Princess was watching it all happen with her typical imperious nature. There was very little drama today.

Tomato the Brave is thinking "This land may be your land, but it's my land, too. This land was made for you and especially me."
Tomato_Lays_Grass.jpg
Tomato_Belly-grass.jpg
Sam_Birdbath.jpg
DaisyLookingImperial.jpg

G

Gimlet

Some Original Walnut flake in my Chacom Montmartre. Not tried this blend before. Very similar to Solani aged burley. I think the Solani has more complexity and outright taste but the walnut flake would make a very acceptable substitute if the Solani is unavailable.
Early days with this pipe. Only had it a couple of weeks. I thought it would be ideal for the Petersons aros I like to smoke but I think these mellow, biscuity blends suit it better.

DSC_0707.JPG

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Tashkent in my own make. I recently did some reshaping on this old pipe. The shank was tapered and the cheeks weren't at all defined. I also took an 1/8" off the top. A friend who carves helped me out and then reblasted it and gave it a couple coats of oil. I like it much better now.
Before
View attachment 273149
AfterView attachment 273150
Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.